Man Robbed of OC Gun

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Man Robbed of OC Gun

Post by troy bilt »

Just came across this while on The Gun Feed. Sounds like a OCer was targeted for his firearm.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for your time.

[Title edited for misspelling--m380g]
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
BobK

Re: Man Robed of OC Gun

Post by BobK »

The man said he was approached from behind by two men, and one of them demanded his gun. The other then grabbed the gun from the holster and pushed him to the ground. Both men fled on foot southbound toward the trailer parks, Eley said.
Two men try to rob me, I am shooting them.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I'd say his situational awareness is lacking. So is his retention. That said I'm not sure how to defend against an attack like this.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

WestonDon wrote:I'd say his situational awareness is lacking. So is his retention. That said I'm not sure how to defend against an attack like this.
Throw your robe on them? :P
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

WestonDon wrote:I'd say his situational awareness is lacking. So is his retention. That said I'm not sure how to defend against an attack like this.
Mexican carry.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

When I first started college back in the day, I worked a part time security job to make ends meet. If you've ever seen the movie Armed and Dangerous, it was almost that bad at times. On one assignment where I was supposed to be working with another armed guard, the guy was unarmed, at least as far a handgun. (He had mace and a wooden billyclub) He told me that a week before on another job site someone had somehow snuck up behind him, clubbed him, and taken his .38 revolver. When I went into the office the following friday to get my assignments for the week, they had assigned me to the same place that guy had his gun stolen from him.

It didn't take too long before I saw some people that probably were responsible. The whole time I was there, I felt like a potential target by a few people. Although I didn't act like John Belushi in Animal House, :lol: (where he was sneaking around at night) I did maintain a lot of situational awareness. Sometimes someone would walk past me and give me a hateful look. I just looked back at them like I'm aware you are there but don't care. :roll: One of the people that worked for the client came up to me at one point, and we talked about the situation with the other guard. Although he didn't personally see the attack, he said that guard didn't seem to grasp the situation he was in, very casual looking, like I just want to put in my time and go home attitude, and or I have a gun, so no one is gonna mess with me.. I never ended up having a problem of that kind while I was there.
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

M-Quigley wrote:I worked a part time security job to make ends meet.
<snip>
I did maintain a lot of situational awareness.
<snip>
I never ended up having a problem of that kind while I was there.
So you did your job and things went fine. :)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

BobK wrote:
The man said he was approached from behind by two men, and one of them demanded his gun. The other then grabbed the gun from the holster and pushed him to the ground. Both men fled on foot southbound toward the trailer parks, Eley said.

One for me....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
BobK wrote:

One for me....
You had a dumpster to help protect you.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You have a good memory for detail.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
centermass

Re: Man Robbed of OC Gun

Post by centermass »

BUG???
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

centermass wrote:BUG???
BUG!!!

Remember that cute little rhyme:

"If you try
To take my gun,
I'll shoot you with
The other one."
MyWifeSaidYes
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Open carry, open top holsters are not secure. Secure holsters with some type of strap or internal retention device are not necessarily secure without appropriate belt. I've seen training vids where a variety of holsters where used, and very shocked at how easily the holster & pistol could be ripped off the side of the officer acting-as-actor. And shocked at how many holsters failed when someone attempted ripping gun out of it. Mere 1-2 seconds.

In all instances, the officer wasn't even knocked down just left standing there, with no gun and/or no gun & holster.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

WhyNot wrote:Open carry, open top holsters are not secure. Secure holsters with some type of strap or internal retention device are not necessarily secure without appropriate belt. I've seen training vids where a variety of holsters where used, and very shocked at how easily the holster & pistol could be ripped off the side of the officer acting-as-actor. And shocked at how many holsters failed when someone attempted ripping gun out of it. Mere 1-2 seconds.

In all instances, the officer wasn't even knocked down just left standing there, with no gun and/or no gun & holster.
Leather, belt loops and at LEAST a thumb break strap.
MyWifeSaidYes