Saw a Open Carryer at Wal-Mart!

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

centermass

Re: Saw a Open Carryer at Wal-Mart!

Post by centermass »

"I can -- finally -- legally open carry starting tomorrow. :D"

Hopefully this alleviates that "no printing" issue Tejas seems to be hung up on. Carry on!
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

centermass wrote:"I can -- finally -- legally open carry starting tomorrow. :D"

Hopefully this alleviates that "no printing" issue Tejas seems to be hung up on. Carry on!
The so-called "no printing" issue in Texas was dealt with a long time ago. Stqrting tomorrow, Texans can now open carry handguns - as long as they have a license to carry concealed...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
centermass

Post by centermass »

JustaShooter wrote:
centermass wrote:"I can -- finally -- legally open carry starting tomorrow. :D"

The so-called "no printing" issue in Texas was dealt with a long time ago. Stqrting tomorrow, Texans can now open carry handguns - as long as they have a license to carry concealed...
Yep, happy for Texas, but I didn't know they dealt with the printing. I've read several sad stories about concealed carriers getting burnt over it.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

In the past 10 years that I have open carried, I have been stopped maybe 10 time by people asking questions and us having discussions on carrying.

I have been stopped twice by police, both times in a friendly manner.

I would say that almost all of the stops were by older people. The young people all seem to have their head stuck where the sun don't shine.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

charliej47 wrote:
I would say that almost all of the stops were by older people. The young people all seem to have their head stuck where the sun don't shine.

I wouldn't say "all", as I have seen many at the range, but for the most part, I'd have agree with you. Scary, ain't it? And, they can vote.

Kudos for Texas. Why did it take so long?
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

dcludwig wrote:
charliej47 wrote:

I wouldn't say "all", as I have seen many at the range, but for the most part, I'd have agree with you. Scary, ain't it? And, they can vote.

Kudos for Texas. Why did it take so long?
Their legislative sessions are pretty notably brief. I would say it's a good trade off because the short nature of them also manages to keep a lot of the crap out.
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

Once while I OCed at my local Walmart a guy came up to me and said, "Your gun is showing."
I was speechless, and jammered, "Yeah. OC and all." :idea:
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

MacDonald wrote:Once while I OCed at my local Walmart a guy came up to me and said, "Your gun is showing."
I was speechless, and jammered, "Yeah. OC and all." :idea:
Funny you posted this, yesterday, (sunday), I was at a Buehlers store in Dover , Ohio. The cashier said when I got up to her...."Hey your gun is really, REALLY showing and I had to laugh, (she said her husband conceals his gun), and she told me I could get in trouble for inciting a panic and I had to correct her again.....think she was surprised to hear what I said, anyhow she said she was getting her lic. too and I agreed and said she needs to understand the laws better and she was good w/ it......... I walked away laughing. :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".