Kroger adding more beer taps/tastings

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Kroger adding more beer taps/tastings

Post by Brian D. »

Hello. This is just a heads up for those here who shop at Kroger stores and do not have an Ohio-valid concealed carry license. The chain announced today that they are adding more in-store beer taps and tasting events at their Ohio locations.

I'm sure more details are available on their website.

As most here know it can be a legal problem to be in a place with Class D premises consumption license if you do not have a CHL, definitely so if anyone present at the store is (lawfully) being served and consuming alcoholic beverages.

If anyone wants to link up the story it was in today's Cincinnati Enquirer both print and online, tough for electronics-challenged me to do from my half smartphone.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TJW815

Re: Kroger adding more beer taps/tastings

Post by TJW815 »

fisher

Post by fisher »

Also a heads up. The last time I went to Eastgate Jungle Jim's on a Friday night, they were serving 12 oz draft beers that shoppers were consuming while shopping throughout the store.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

fisher wrote:Also a heads up. The last time I went to Eastgate Jungle Jim's on a Friday night, they were serving 12 oz draft beers that shoppers were consuming while shopping throughout the store.
Yeah i was there for a cigar event, those are also on Friday. (Outside on the patio, where there is anoher bar, which operates only during such events.) Noticed that same thing inside where you're talking about, people getting draft beers and then drinking them all over the store. A worker told me there was a policy to keep the consumption limited to just the area around the taps/bar but nobody was tasked with enforcing it.

I was carrying so had to be content with the "T" and "F" letters of BATFE that evening. Plus they have four pinball machines right by the tap area, so overall I was entertained enough not to concern myself about those who carry openly sans license. :)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

... had I not quit drinking oh so long ago I'd have been doing ALL our grocery shopping... probably 4 times a week... :D
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY