Thought you would like this...

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

soransoran

Re: Thought you would like this...

Post by soransoran »

yes, I really enjoyed reading it .....well done
Soran Usman, BA at Soran Uni
dlgeorge

Re: Thought you would like this...

Post by dlgeorge »

Fyrfightr wrote:
Werz wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:I don't know the first thing about being a dispatcher..like 99.9% of folks on this forum.

But I can guess.

I like my job, lots to do, good benefits. A call comes in from an 18 year old girl at a local suburban retail store. MWAG. I have two choices. I can attempt, over the phone, with a semi-literate retail worker, try to determine the nature of the situation (ending up on the news if I choose wrong). Or, I can send an LEO to check it out, at no risk to my job or anything else.

Easy choice, that.
I think you have captured that quite nicely. Next come the road officers who are too busy on another call.

Add to that when 3 other 911 lines are ringing.
Captured very nicely! I hadn't really thought about it that way. If the MWAG did turn out to be a bad guy, then the news would be all over the 911 operator - and police department with the "tragedy that could have been avoided" shpeel, and the naughty, naughty gun rhetoric.