Handling in public?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gfrlaser

Re: Handling in public?

Post by gfrlaser »

I open carry almost all the time in the summer months. This includes Wally World.
But I knew you open carry advocates have dealt with panicked bystanders. And ignorant people freaking out before.
In years of open carry, never once have I seen a "panicked bystander". Go ahead, switch holsters and don't fret about others seeing a gun. In this way, it becomes natural to those others that there are indeed people of the populace that carry firearms.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

soberbiker wrote:Has he tried another carry position or a different holster??? I have no issues carrying on my bike without any extra retention devices on my holster.
On body carry while riding a bike is not normally a problem. The problem arises when you're sliding down the highway on your leathers.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Any Cincinnati/Tri-state area folks want to join a credit union? :twisted:

https://www.gecreditunion.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Membership with GECU is available to those in and around
the Cincinnati, Dayton, Northern Kentucky, and Southeastern
Indiana areas. In addition, we serve employees at: General
Electric Aviation, TriHealth and Mercy Health, just to name
a few. It takes an initial $5 deposit into a Share/Savings
account to establish your membership with us. This initial
deposit makes you a member-owner with an equal share
in the credit union and access to all of our products and
services. Once you become a member of GECU, you can
always be a member (even if you move or change jobs) -
and your immediate family members are eligible to join too
- as long as you keep your $5 share in the credit union
GE credit union is posted lol
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan