Comment at Wal-Mart

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Comment at Wal-Mart

Post by Werz »

Buying some fishing gear at Wal-Mart. Went to the self-checkout. Checkout needed an approval. Cashier entered her code, and as she walked away, she said, "That's a really beautiful gun you're carrying."

Somehow, I doubt I would have received the same comment if I was carrying a Glock. :mrgreen:
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Comment at Wal-Mart

Post by Javelin Man »

The Glock would say, "Is it because I'm black?"
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Javelin Man wrote:The Glock would say, "Is it because I'm black?"

LOL..Good one..All the prejudiced folks against Glocks :lol:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Werz wrote:Buying some fishing gear at Wal-Mart. Went to the self-checkout. Checkout needed an approval. Cashier entered her code, and as she walked away, she said, "That's a really beautiful gun you're carrying."

Somehow, I doubt I would have received the same comment if I was carrying a Glock. :mrgreen:
Agreed...if you were carrying a Glock, she would have said "A man of experience and intellect, a beautiful man that other men want to be like and other women want to be with"

But, she was just left complimenting your gun. :oops:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Werz wrote:Buying some fishing gear at Wal-Mart. Went to the self-checkout. Checkout needed an approval. Cashier entered her code, and as she walked away, she said, "That's a really beautiful gun you're carrying."

I think that's why Colt polishes the sides of their slides, they know it enhances the inherent beauty of the Pony and the Double-Diamonds. :|
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Mr. Glock wrote:

Agreed...if you were carrying a Glock, she would have said "A man of experience and intellect, a beautiful man that other men want to be like and other women want to be with"

^^^ Like.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Mr. Glock wrote:

Sounds like a classic cult indoctrination line. :wink:
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Mr. Glock wrote:

:lol:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

At least she didn't come up and say "hey, I got a speeding ticket yesterday and..."
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

W – Had you shown the lady a nice, shiny revolver, you would have been responsible for her swoon…
marca

Post by marca »

This is my rifle, this is my gun ...
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Werz wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:

Sounds like a classic cult indoctrination line. :wink:
Austin Powers, actually. But, if that's the cult, it's good to be the king. :mrgreen:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
docachna

Post by docachna »

"Well, Missy, I do appreciate that, but I'm really more interested in finding out what you think about my weapon !!!".

:lol:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

This thread is hilarious!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Mr. Glock wrote:Agreed...if you were carrying a Glock, she would have said "A man of experience and intellect, a beautiful man that other men want to be like and other women want to be with"

Sounds like an ad for the new line of "Glock Hudson" handguns. Designed for deep-carry in the 6 o'clock position.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life