Gander mountain huber heights

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dupree187

Gander mountain huber heights

Post by dupree187 »

To the best of my knowledge, Gander Mountain up in huber is friendly towards open carry in their store. Can anyone either confirm or deny this please? Planning a trip there this weekend and would like to know ASAP. Thanks guys and girls.
"I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"

"Thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, For I am the baddest S.O.B in the whole damn valley!!"
Brian D.

Re: Gander mountain huber heights

Post by Brian D. »

Best I recall the only signage there is directed towards people bringing in firearms for service or to trade in. It states something to the effect of taking any such guns to the customer service up front for inspection upon entry.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dupree187

Post by dupree187 »

Brian D. wrote:Best I recall the only signage there is directed towards people bringing in firearms for service or to trade in. It states something to the effect of taking any such guns to the customer service up front for inspection upon entry.
But doesn't say anything about open or concealed carry?

"Thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, For I am the baddest S.O.B in the whole damn valley!!"
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

No. The signs were aimed at people just bringing in guns and going right to the gunsmith or firearms sales counter without someone up front having a look. Another scenario (not mentioned on the sign) would be someone bringing in a handgun to try out holster fit. People have been known to do this with their carry gun, without unloading it before entry. Dumb, because that doesn't leave a safe place to unload once in the store. And I don't think anybody believes it's smart to try put a "hot" handgun into an unfamiliar holster to check fit.

********************************************************************************
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

I open carry there all the time. They are very friendly towards it.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Brian D. wrote:And I don't think anybody believes it's smart to try put a "hot" handgun into an unfamiliar holster to check fit.
Only if it's a SERPA.

:twisted:

:lol:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dupree187

Post by dupree187 »

Great to hear. Thanks. While we're on the subject, what about bass pro and cabelas?

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Cabela's in Columbus is okay.

I believe the rule of thumb that Brian was talking about can be summed up as:

If you plan on HANDLING your firearm in a store, unload it BEFORE entering.
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Cabela's in Columbus is okay.

I believe the rule of thumb that Brian was talking about can be summed up as:

If you plan on HANDLING your firearm in a store, unload it BEFORE entering.

That's pretty much how I thought those stores SHOULD word their signs from the get-go. But run this stuff past the legal eagles employed by the companies, the verbiage gets windier and less clear than that. Sounds like what happens so often at our Statehouse, doesn't it?

soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

I would think if you plan on handling the gun in the store it should he checked and tagged upon entry. If I want to check holster fit I will take the holster to the gun counter and ask to see what gun I'm checking fit for.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

soberbiker wrote:I would think if you plan on handling the gun in the store it should he checked and tagged upon entry. If I want to check holster fit I will take the holster to the gun counter and ask to see what gun I'm checking fit for.
Not everybody is that bright, sad to say. Hence the signs...although it does lead one to wonder if the truly dim bulb types can read them with any sort of comprehension.

1johnb

Post by 1johnb »

Then I can buy a new gun for a used price due to holster wear!

Just kidding, but some would try.
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Gander Mountain in Niles ,Saturday, I shopped while open carrying without any issues at all. My 1911 must have passed muster
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO