When did it happen?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: When did it happen?

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:If you doubt those images of OC nonsense got enough mainstream attention to where they could actually have made an impact? I offer the following:

That was from May 20, 2014. According to TVByTheNumbers:
"The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" Tops The Competition In May As The Most-Watched Late Night Talk Show Among Persons 18-49, Persons 18-34, Persons 18-24, Men 18-34 And Men 18-24
I seem to recall hearing that picture wasn't even from the U.S. Anybody know for sure?
That one was in the US - but as I recall, there was the one with a guy holding a shotgun (in a Starbucks maybe?) that was outside of the US.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

This is the one that was reportedly taken on a military base outside the US:

MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:This is the one that was reportedly taken on a military base outside the US:

That's the one I was thinking of, yes.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

What is it with all these photos of folks open carrying long guns in their hands? They have slings, why not use them? When I open carry my pistol, I leave it in the holster. I'm not carrying it around in my hand.

Here's another famous image of rifle open carry at an Apple store, but it happens to be in Israel I believe. This image usually doesn't attract the same negative attention in public discussions like the previous ones mentioned in this thread. I think a proper use of a sling goes a long way to putting people more at ease.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Klingon00 wrote:What is it with all these photos of folks open carrying long guns in their hands? They have slings, why not use them? When I open carry my pistol, I leave it in the holster. I'm not carrying it around in my hand.

Here's another famous image of rifle open carry at an Apple store, but it happens to be in Israel I believe. This image usually doesn't attract the same negative attention in public discussions like the previous ones mentioned in this thread. I think a proper use of a sling goes a long way to putting people more at ease.

Helps with minimizing furniture damage, too. :wink: Reason I say that is several years ago a group of us enroute to a cowboy action match in Phoenix spent a couple of days, full costume, in Tombstone Arizona. Didn't bother to carry the long guns but all of us had holstered single action revolvers, loaded of course. The only caution we were given came form the proprietor of The Crystal Palace Saloon. We weren't made to hang up our irons (although they had a wall behind the bar set up for just that) but he insisted we remove our spurs so as not to tear up the vintage (crappy old) chairs and tables any worse than they already were.

Still an issue when we do open carry walks in Ohio if long guns are allowed/encouraged and a stop for lunch is on the schedule.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.