Open carry on a motorcycle

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dlgeorge

Re: Open carry on a motorcycle

Post by dlgeorge »

If you have a CHL, or CCW, whatever they're called in Ohio now, it wouldn't make a difference how you carried it, would it? Loaded, unloaded. I could be wrong, and I am a lot of the time. :)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Open carry on a motorcycle

Post by schmieg »

dlgeorge wrote:If you have a CHL, or CCW, whatever they're called in Ohio now, it wouldn't make a difference how you carried it, would it? Loaded, unloaded. I could be wrong, and I am a lot of the time. :)
As was previously posted, a CHL does not provide for carrying loaded long guns in a motor vehicle or allow for the concealed carry of long guns. It is for handguns only in Ohio.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand