"Open" carrying in a vehicle

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: "Open" carrying in a vehicle

Post by Chuck »

First of all, that picture is a much better representation of Columbus PDs attitude towards open carry than the video of last year's OSU walk and ought to have been posted in Varro's other thread
Secondly, "young varro" ought to know that that picture came about because of a bet MWSY made with another poster regarding Law Enforcement's attitude regarding Open Carry, and I believe someone STILL owes him a steak dinner for it
Thirdly, if one actually and honestly believes that that picture harms our cause because the antis might get a hold of it and use it against us, why are you the only person I know of who has it saved and why are you still posting it for the antis to find?
Fourth and last, that picture cost MWSY his position with OFCC, which was and still is a mistake, in my opinion.
It's been a year now that we've been searching for a volunteer to replace MWSY and head up the ORC 9.68 compliance effort, and we are still leaderless in this regard.
I can see that in some people's eyes, MWSY has contaminated himself and will NEVER be considered worthy, EVER again; bygones will never be bygones, some people would rather MWSY stay home and and OFCC does nothing on the 9.68 front than allow him to be a voice for the cause.

Evan Price has this line is his signature: "Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!"
Too bad that's not a common theme for our organization any more
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ Very well said, my friend.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

NOBODY eats their own like the pro gun movement does,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Chuck wrote:NOBODY eats their own like the pro gun movement does,,,,
No doubt. Hey, did you see where Texas is going to become an open carry state? I guess Open Carry Texas didn't cause as much damage as everybody thought.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics ... ndguns.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Chuck wrote:NOBODY eats their own like the pro gun movement does,,,,
No doubt. Hey, did you see where Texas is going to become an open carry state? I guess Open Carry Texas didn't cause as much damage as everybody thought.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics ... ndguns.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not for a lack of trying though

The thing is, they're going to claim victory, when actually it passed in spite of, not because of, them
Ain't activism fun?

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I worked last night. Time for bed.

This thread is going night-night, too.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!