Holster complment

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Holster complment

Post by charliej47 »

I was open carrying at Lowe's and a gentleman saw my holster and liked it.

I took it off and gave him the name of the guy from Gatlinburg that made it. We talked for a few minutes about different types of holsters.

The one I have is made by Gary McCoy and it is modeled after the "Texas Ranger" design. :lol:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
HancockCountyHAl

Re: Holster complment

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Too bad I can't see it. Would you post a pic?
HancockCountyHaL
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

What did you do with your gun when you took off your holster?
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:What did you do with your gun when you took off your holster?
He taped it to his noggin. :mrgreen:
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Werz wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:What did you do with your gun when you took off your holster?
^^^^ They got the good tape at Lowe's.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Werz wrote:
^^^^ They got the good tape at Lowe's.

We got Gorilla Tape, perfect for MWSY
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Werz wrote:

:lol:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Must have been open carrying an empty holster. Makes you want to say mmmmmm
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Yeah. Handling your gun in a public establishment is a great way to get the welcome mat rolled up. In the academy they taught us to never allow our equipment to become the topic of conversation. I don't follow that to the letter but I will never let a conversation get to the point that I am pulling said equipment out.
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

djthomas wrote:Yeah. Handling your gun in a public establishment is a great way to get the welcome mat rolled up. In the academy they taught us to never allow our equipment to become the topic of conversation. I don't follow that to the letter but I will never let a conversation get to the point that I am pulling said equipment out.
Exactly, that is what they tried in Oberlin last year. For us to start handling our guns. Didn't work for her.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Bersa45 wrote:
djthomas wrote:Yeah. Handling your gun in a public establishment is a great way to get the welcome mat rolled up. In the academy they taught us to never allow our equipment to become the topic of conversation. I don't follow that to the letter but I will never let a conversation get to the point that I am pulling said equipment out.
Exactly, that is what they tried in Oberlin last year. For us to start handling our guns. Didn't work for her.
She might have convinced the student with Mosin-Nagant rifle, if not for MyWifeSaidYes and I standing behind her and vigorously shaking our heads "No".
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I may be an armed clown, but I'm a responsible, armed clown.

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Yeah..I will tell them the specs of my firearms..But if they want more than that, I direct them to a local range that may possibly have that model..Or direct them to the manufacturer's website.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

I got back in my vehicle, stored my weapon, came back out and took off the holster to show it.

After everything was over, I put the holster back on and got back into my vehicle and re-holstered. :shock:
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:Too bad I can't see it. Would you post a pic?

Go to http://www.texasranger.org/artifacts/Fakebadges.htm and scroll down and you will see Chuck Norris wearing one. :shock:
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice