man robbed of gun he was openly carrying

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BEAR!

Re: man robbed of gun he was openly carrying

Post by BEAR! »

Bama.45 wrote:
SMMAssociates wrote:Back in the day, when I was working in uniform (rent-a-cop), a lot of Officers carried an empty (or even more useless) sidearm OC, and depended on a backup (usually a J-frame) for real shooting.

If the BG snatched your sidearm, he was in trouble....

Regards,
That's actually a smart idea lol...Too bad they can't be rigged like blade's katana hilt and spring blades out if someone grabbed said firearm that wasn't supposed to be handling said firearm :lol:
Now thats a cool idea but it would be a switchblade and illegal. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
pistolepete

Post by pistolepete »

I work as an Armed Security Officer. After reading this post I have added another personal code.I will never voluntarily surrender my weapon.I guess somethings are worth dieing for.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

pistolepete wrote:I work as an Armed Security Officer. After reading this post I have added another personal code.I will never voluntarily surrender my weapon.I guess somethings are worth dieing for.
You would have voluntarily surrendered your weapon to a criminal before reading this post?

In what circumstances? What would have to going through your thoughts to make you do so?
MyWifeSaidYes
A_F

Post by A_F »

Bama.45 wrote:
SMMAssociates wrote:Back in the day, when I was working in uniform (rent-a-cop), a lot of Officers carried an empty (or even more useless) sidearm OC, and depended on a backup (usually a J-frame) for real shooting.

Regards,
That's actually a smart idea lol...Too bad they can't be rigged like blade's katana hilt and spring blades out if someone grabbed said firearm that wasn't supposed to be handling said firearm :lol:
Have you seen Law Abiding Citizen?
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

A_F wrote:
Bama.45 wrote:

Regards,
Have you seen Law Abiding Citizen?

Nope..I have never seen the movie.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson