OC into Kroger, Lebanon, today...AGAIN!

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MacDonald

OC into Kroger, Lebanon, today...AGAIN!

Post by MacDonald »

This Kroger is great!
It is in my home town, and I guess they are accustomed to seeing me, as I usually carry in there.

At first, I would get looks, but that is all. I even asked, once, about MDA and was told by a cashier that they had already been told to refer complaints to corporate.

ANYWAY, today I OC in their store. Three staff made eye contact with me, looked at my Serpa holster, and exchanged nods of confirmation with me.

GREAT STORE!!
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: OC into Kroger, Lebanon, today...AGAIN!

Post by Chuck »

I OCed in Kroger in Pataskala today without incident myself
Waited in line at the pharmacy to get some new drugs and did a little shopping too.

Never ever been a complaint but once in a great while someone will start a conversation about guns with me
Today wasn't one of those,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

I went there Sunday after reading on this forum about the MDA protest at HQ on Wednesday. Not sure what I expected, but I expected something. Glad I was disappointed! :D
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

MacDonald wrote:This Kroger is great!
It is in my home town, and I guess they are accustomed to seeing me, as I usually carry in there.

At first, I would get looks, but that is all. I even asked, once, about MDA and was told by a cashier that they had already been told to refer complaints to corporate.

ANYWAY, today I OC in their store. Three staff made eye contact with me, looked at my Serpa holster, and exchanged nods of confirmation with me.

GREAT STORE!!
I'm in Lebanon, too and have only OC'd in Kroger once. I usually carry concealed. No one even gave me a 2nd look when I OC'd.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

I OC into the one in springboro (just down the road) from time to time and can always here the ladies that end up behind me in line with the "omg, a gun".

The one in Middletown always seems to have a super supportive management team, for obvious reasons I'm sure.

Lebanon, well I'm sure. It's the ultra bright red seat of our lovely county!
soldier24

Post by soldier24 »

I have been OC'ing in Kroger for about 2-3 years and never had any issues with employee's or other customers .
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

I OC all the time in the Kroger in Centerville on Wilimington. I even talk to the the store manager from time to time, great guy. Mostly I get thumbs up now and then. I will only go to Kroger.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"