New recording/streaming app on the way it seems...

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/13/swat-app/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it gets finished, it looks like it will be quite useful. Be nice to have an app that will stream audio/video to a secure location from your phone in case LEO's try to overstep and erase or try to order you to erase.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
buckeye43210

Re: New recording/streaming app on the way it seems...

Post by buckeye43210 »

There are some other apps like Recorder for Dropbox that already exist.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Sweet. I just remember seeing Qik (?) years ago and briefly considering buying a smart phone to be able to use it. Then I came back to reality, kept my basic phone, and got a digital voice recorder. Always nice to see more useful apps. The more the merrier. Now if someone would make an address book/contact info app for Android tablets. All of them I am finding are phone books with no robustness to store email addresses, physical addresses, IM names, etc. Basically want to store the info I can store in Outlook.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

WY_Not wrote:Sweet. I just remember seeing Qik (?) years ago and briefly considering buying a smart phone to be able to use it. Then I came back to reality, kept my basic phone, and got a digital voice recorder. Always nice to see more useful apps. The more the merrier. Now if someone would make an address book/contact info app for Android tablets. All of them I am finding are phone books with no robustness to store email addresses, physical addresses, IM names, etc. Basically want to store the info I can store in Outlook.
You may want to look into DejaOffice. It allows syncing with outlook and has all the features you mentioned.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

WY_Not wrote:New recording/streaming app on the way it seems...

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/13/swat-app/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it gets finished, it looks like it will be quite useful. Be nice to have an app that will stream audio/video to a secure location from your phone in case LEO's try to overstep and erase or try to order you to erase.
I don't think being ordered to erase audio/video that's been recorded would be considered a lawful order.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

CroManGun wrote:

I don't think being ordered to erase audio/video that's been recorded would be considered a lawful order.
Wouldn't be lawful, but I've witnessed it myself. Several years ago I was at the Easy Rider rodeo at the Ross county fairgrounds. The deputies that were working inside the campground had detained an obviously drunk individual and were talking with him in a less than friendly tone. A bystander was recording on a cell phone. The female Ross county deputy became angry that they were being filmed and approached him, demanding that he delete whatever he recorded. When he initially refused, she threatened him with arrest, saying that it was illegal to record that encounter. He then deleted what he had recorded. I was mad at myself for not having my camera with me.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

Bambuser is an app already freely available for recording /streaming. I think there is a fee for commercial use, but individuals are free. My son showed it to me and I tested it out. Seems pretty useful to me.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Thanks. Will check it out. I've seen that app listed but never looked at it as I didn't need an office suite. Just need a contact manager that was a little more robust than the basic phone books/dialers. Just want to keep all my contact info, both physical and electronic, in one place. :?
Tourist wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Sweet. I just remember seeing Qik (?) years ago and briefly considering buying a smart phone to be able to use it. Then I came back to reality, kept my basic phone, and got a digital voice recorder. Always nice to see more useful apps. The more the merrier. Now if someone would make an address book/contact info app for Android tablets. All of them I am finding are phone books with no robustness to store email addresses, physical addresses, IM names, etc. Basically want to store the info I can store in Outlook.
You may want to look into DejaOffice. It allows syncing with outlook and has all the features you mentioned.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

That may very well be. Especially in the light of Ohio being a single party consent state for recording and the Supreme Court's ruling that recording public officials in the performance of their job is completely legal. However, that doesn't stop them from doing it anyway.
CroManGun wrote: