OC at new Field and Stream Miamisburg

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fyrfytr310

OC at new Field and Stream Miamisburg

Post by fyrfytr310 »

I think i might just be the first OCer at the new F&S in Miamisburg! I am basing this on nothing more than the fact that I was there today (Grand Opening!) around noon and I was indeed OCing :P I received no comments but I know their rent-a-cops out front noticed it but only gave me ol' head-nod-of-approval. I didn't really need anything so I ended up just buying a NRA t-shirt and a bag of overpriced jerky.

FWIW, the prices are about the same as Cabela's and Bass Pro but their selection is much better than the latter.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
BEAR!

Re: OC at new Field and Stream Miamisburg

Post by BEAR! »

Any bulk .22 ammo?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

I did not see any bulk but they do have stock of .22
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Should have told me you were going, would have joined you. It's only about two miles from my house.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

TJW815 wrote:Should have told me you were going, would have joined you. It's only about two miles from my house.
I decided to go there about 3 minutes before I walked in the door. I was on my way home from Cbus at the time. Sorry :(
-Mike

NRA Life Member

Tench Coxe
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

fyrfytr310 wrote:I think i might just be the first OCer at the new F&S in Miamisburg! I am basing this on nothing more than the fact that I was there today (Grand Opening!) around noon and I was indeed OCing :P I received no comments but I know their rent-a-cops out front noticed it but only gave me ol' head-nod-of-approval.
That's great!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Didn't know they opened a Field and Stream up that way. Thanks to some prodding from Chuck :mrgreen: I will be in Miamisburg for a firearms-related get together* at the nearby Golden Corral on Saturday, now I'll have another reason for a the road trip, besides dinner and a stop at the Goodman show over at Hara Arena.

*Don't worry forum Big Shots, I'll make no more mention of the particulars of the OC gathering since it's not listed/sanctioned here.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Feel free to mention it yourself Brian
Maybe it will help increase the numbers,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Chuck wrote:Feel free to mention it yourself Brian
You talking about the meet in greet they do in middletown?
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Brian D. wrote:Didn't know they opened a Field and Stream up that way. Thanks to some prodding from Chuck :mrgreen: I will be in Miamisburg for a firearms-related get together* at the nearby Golden Corral on Saturday, now I'll have another reason for a the road trip, besides dinner and a stop at the Goodman show over at Hara Arena.

*Don't worry forum Big Shots, I'll make no more mention of the particulars of the OC gathering since it's not listed/sanctioned here.

Are they doing the meet and greets at Middletown GC again?

I've attended a few many moons ago, had a great time.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

TJW815 wrote:
Chuck wrote:Feel free to mention it yourself Brian
You talking about the meet in greet they do in middletown?
No, those were OFCC hosted shindigs. The one tomorrow is at the GC on Kingsridge Drive in Miamisburg, 7pm.

What the heck I'll risk invoking the wrath of our gracious-but-stern Mods and mention that this get together is being thrown by Ohio Carry, SW chapter. To date they and OFCC have had a very cordial relationship, so maybe my punishment here :mrgreen: will be nothing more than a mild rebuke.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

You're just mentioning someone else's event, so you should be allowed to live.

:wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
sdelam

Post by sdelam »

They had lots of bulk 22. Rem 500 rd bricks and buckets. $25 for bricks, $70 for buckets. Limit 2 per customer.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:You're just mentioning someone else's event, so you should be allowed to live.

:wink:
^^THIS^^
Them's the rules,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:You're just mentioning someone else's event, so you should be allowed to live.
We'll eat you last...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.