Dayton MAll

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Dayton MAll

Post by charliej47 »

On Wednesday, the 10th, I went to the Mall with the kids to get some shorts for soccer at Dick's.

I got there around 8PM and we went in at the entrance next to Penny's. We went to the store and got what we needed and left.

I OC'd and nothing happened anywhere. I must say that the Mall was very empty the whole time I was there. I was surprised at the low number of people. :shock:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
Brian D.

Re: Dayton MAll

Post by Brian D. »

The place started getting a bad reputation (mostly because of unruly teens) some years ago and according to friends who live up that way the mall never recovered. Besides there have been new, shinier malls built since then and many shoppers are fickle that way.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: I can remember when it was packed all of the time and now it seems strange on how empty is is. I remember when the teens were making all kinds of problems for shoppers and how the shoppers left.

I would say that the Dayton Mall; will probably go the way that the Salem Mall did.

The Mall in Middletown is the same way.
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

After Dick's made it clear they were for a semi-auto rifle ban after sandy hook, I will not step foot in that store. I will go out of my way to shop somewhere else for my sporting goods needs.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Field & Stream chose Dick's to open and run their stores.

Field & Stream had lots of .22lr ammo in stock last week.

This poses a bit of a dilemma for me. :(
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Field & Stream chose Dick's to open and run their stores.

I had that same dilemma with Ruger for years because the founder decided to play along with the "high capacity" nonsense the feds laid on us. When he died and the son(s?) took over they eventually got back to selling standard capacity magazines for their products. It seemed like a good time to lift my personal boycott.

Some folks remain angry with S&W over the 'Hilary hole' keylock feature they got pressured into adapting so as to play along and continue to get government purchase contracts. They too have eased up on that and you can get most of their firearms without the lock.

As to the Dick's/Field & Stream quandary, I got past it when the new F&S down here opened because they had .22 L.R. at non-ridiculous prices. By then my stock had run very low, to the point I couldn't spare enough to start out new shooters on my rimfire guns.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Field & Stream chose Dick's to open and run their stores.

I look at it in that I'm helping out the people that are employed by dicks/field and stream. Helps me sleep at night. Nevertheless, I still only stop there as a last resort.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

I also have not spent a dime at a Dicks and I don't plan on it any time soon.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

I took some things back to Dick's and talked to the counter guy about ammo. He said that Dick's bought F&S. When the new store opens at Austin Landing that I might have some luck at getting some ammo.
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice