[Toledo] Open Carry, Or nearby, walks

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xfourellsx

[Toledo] Open Carry, Or nearby, walks

Post by xfourellsx »

Looking to get involved in open carry walks soon. Would love some help on to find people that either organize it or people willing to get involved.
XDSC9G30

Re: [Toledo] Open Carry, Or nearby, walks

Post by XDSC9G30 »

This would be the wrong place to look for OC walks.

The only time that really happens on OFCC is when/if there is a blatant violation of law by LEO or something of the sort.

I have only been bothered twice while OC'ing, once at my house by a member of the Sheriffs unit and once by a Maumee Officer. Didn't end with an arrest or anything, just harrassment.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Check out the folks at Ohio Carry - http://www.ohiocarry.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - they are pro *carry* and advocate both open and concealed carry. They often organize walks, and they have a Northwest chapter that might be doing things in your area.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

I open carry every day in Toledo. I like to go for walks of an hour or more. I've never been hassled.

There's no particular need to stir things up unnecessarily here. Let sleeping bears lie.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
dlgeorge

Post by dlgeorge »

I'm in!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

TunnelRat wrote:I open carry every day in Toledo. I like to go for walks of an hour or more. I've never been hassled.

There's no particular need to stir things up unnecessarily here. Let sleeping bears lie.
You should check out the fine folks at Ohio Carry. They are not ones to "stir things up unnecessarily" - from what I've seen, each of their walks has a stated purpose and are well organized and well executed. You may not have any issues in your particular neighborhood or surrounding areas, but there may be situations in other areas that can benefit from their approach to advocacy.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

JustaShooter wrote:each of their walks has a stated purpose and are well organized and well executed.
Which is why I wrote: "let sleeping bears lie". If there is no "stated purpose", there is no reason for a "walk".

We don't have open carry walks just to stir things up. We leave that to Texas... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.