Answer the Question "Why do you have a gun?"

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Answer the Question "Why do you have a gun?"

Post by Mr. Glock »

Bersa45 wrote:Also being on I 90 which is a major route for New York,Illinois and New Jersey drivers to stop at the rest areas I have been asked and one of my best answers is, This is the land of the free, welcome!
Ohio really is the first state of freedom past the East Coast... Not that we couldn't do better, but you need to respect the line in the sand we represent. I've lived over there, it's scary.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:"In case I need it."
I've been watching this thread, and it is interesting.

I like this response. The next question is "how will you know?"
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Mr. Glock wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:"In case I need it."
I've been watching this thread, and it is interesting.

I like this response. The next question is "how will you know?"
I don't know. That's why I keep it ready. That's why I buckle my seat belt and keep my airbags working. That's why I replace the batteries in my smoke detectors and keep fire extinguishers mounted on the wall.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
andiamo

Post by andiamo »

In case I need to shoot someone.
ci vici pacem para bellum