OSHP and WCSO A+

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fyrfytr310

OSHP and WCSO A+

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Witnessed a single car crash on 71NB about an hour ago. Stopped to help and I was holding the young ladies hands when the first trooper arrived. I was OC, she looked right at it and made no mention. After the FD showed up, I did take it upon myself to let her know that I did have a permit just in case she realized the in order for me to have gotten to that spot in the highway, I probably had to be in my vehicle at some point. She said, "Cool. Me too." or something I'm that vein. Did I have to inform? No, but I did.

The deputy showed up about 2 minutes later and just wanted to talk guns once he knew the scene was somewhat safe.

Good time had by all except the poor girl who spun out with no insurance. She was a little banged up but I suspect she'll be fine. If the car was a few years newer it might have been salvageable. That is until the FD cut the whole side of the car off.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
fyrfytr310

Re: OSHP and WCSO A+

Post by fyrfytr310 »

I forgot to add that one of the witnesses asked the trooper if I was a cop. The trooper said no, that I was someone nice enough to pull over and help. Obviously I have no idea what the position of the witness is on firearms or OC but I check this one off as a win. It is always nice to have a police officer make the OC'er look good when questioned :)
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: OSHP and WCSO A+

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

All is well with the force. 8)
MyWifeSaidYes