Open Carry Fail in Brooklyn, OH

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Open Carry Fail in Brooklyn, OH

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

hank.forker wrote:
Ray wrote:Will there be a group meeting at the court house when this does go to trial? May be good to show our support for him.
Just wondering out loud (online).

Ray
Necro thread. I may be mistaken but I believe all charges were dropped and this had become a civil issue. Anyone feel free to correct or update though...
Yes, charges were dropped because surveillance video showed the cop was lying. The article in the link says so. The lawsuit is a civil rights violation suit.
MyWifeSaidYes
docachna

Re: Open Carry Fail in Brooklyn, OH

Post by docachna »

After reading the entire civil rights Complaint, the Brooklyn cop that arrested him sounds like a bit of a tool, and he's had his problems in the past.

It also looks like the City and maybe even the County Prosecutor did their damnedest to find SOMETHING to tag this guy with.

They won't go down easy, but I predict they'll go down in the end. I can't decide whether it's just bureaucratic intransigence or instead it's really a bunch of bitter t*rds who despise the public at large. I'm guessing Door #2.............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE