Open Carry demonstration in Cleveland July 13th

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

soberbiker

Re: Open Carry demonstration in Cleveland July 13th

Post by soberbiker »

docpadds wrote: its a rally against the Mayors illegal ordinances.
That is the main issue and why I'm considering not openly carrying at the event. We have a choice to make this event about the government wasting time and money with illegal laws. Or make this about the guns themselves. I think when a bunch of people show up with with a bunch of guns we may lose the ability for many people to hear the real message.
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

Agreed. I am on the ledge as to how I carry, depends what I wear.
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

This is the reason I will not be bringing a long gun. I will be OCing as this in my every day choice of carry. I will also be leaving my come and take it flag at home.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I won't be able to make it but would like to say to the people that do make it, have a peaceful and persuasive day...

God Bless....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

I'll be there but whether I OC or CC remains to be seen on the day.
I carry, because I care!
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

Shaolin_dragon wrote:I'll be there but whether I OC or CC remains to be seen on the day.
Crap, a Welshman and a Mick in the same place with guns..... and they worry about the Open Carriers vs Others...
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Hey, guys!

Look at the cool site I just found:

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.p ... -all-suck/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I won't be able to make it but would like to say to the people that do make it, have a peaceful and persuasive day...

God Bless....
I'll be there. Carmen, since you're not going, can I borrow that Speedo? I hope them guitar players don't MAKE me sing.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Can you get into a size 30 ?

Me neither......

Good luck to all you guys and gals....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Competing for recognition with Cleveland's high on the RNC commitment and Lebron's return, hmmmmmn !
Can't wait to see the results, best regards everyone.
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

docpadds wrote:
Shaolin_dragon wrote:I'll be there but whether I OC or CC remains to be seen on the day.
Crap, a Welshman and a Mick in the same place with guns..... and they worry about the Open Carriers vs Others...
You're going? Holy hell, its going to be a Bond showdown...Pierce Brosnan vs Timothy Dalton... :lol:
I carry, because I care!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Folks, apparently a news story played tonight regarding the rally tomorrow.

The story focused completely on open carry instead of the Mayor of Cleveland trying to pass laws that are either illegal or redundant.

Anyone that gets this post before or during the rally...PLEASE TRY TO STAY ON MESSAGE !!

We don't think that a city should waste taxpayer money, nor should its council waste their time, on passing useless laws.
MyWifeSaidYes
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Probably too late to get it out, but it seems to beat the media at their own game it would be better not have a firearm in sight.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

The mayor's full agenda.

http://clecityhall.com/2014/06/17/jacks ... cleveland/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Every member of the open carry group voluntarily complied with the request from the Cleveland Police Department to stay on one side of Public Square, away from the anti-gun demonstrators.

However, when that same request was made of the anti-gun demonstrators, including those from Moms Demand some Action, it was largely ignored and required the police officers to ACTIVELY BLOCK the anti-gun counter-protestors who were seeking confrontation.

From one of the Ohio Carry organizers:
Right from the start the police asked us if we would stay on one side and they stay on the other. This was a friendly request that we happily respected. Unfortunately the other side disregarded what the police said, came down by us holding signs in our face. The police had to use their bicycles to block off the sidewalk to keep them from coming down. They played very little music, which I was really looking forward to hearing. Some of the Moms Demand Action ladies seemed to take over the show and only wanted confrontations between us.
MyWifeSaidYes