How to fight open carry by committing a crime

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

How to fight open carry by committing a crime

Post by Bruenor »

Know the enemies playbook.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index. ... g-a-crime/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My proposal is as follows: we should all leave. Immediately. Leave the food on the table in the restaurant. Leave the groceries in the cart, in the aisle. Stop talking or engaging in the exchange. Just leave, unceremoniously, and fast.

But here is the key part: don’t pay. Stopping to pay in the presence of a person with a gun means risking your and your loved ones’ lives; money shouldn’t trump this. It doesn’t matter if you ate the meal. It doesn’t matter if you’ve just received food from the deli counter that can’t be resold. It doesn’t matter if you just got a haircut. Leave. If the business loses money, so be it. They can make the activists pay.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JediSkipdogg

Re: How to fight open carry by committing a crime

Post by JediSkipdogg »

And add security cameras out front to get the license plates so you can call the police on all the people that walked out on the bill and charge them with theft. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

JediSkipdogg wrote:And add security cameras out front to get the license plates so you can call the police on all the people that walked out on the bill and charge them with theft. :lol:
I'm all for letting the serving staff club or tase any nonpaying guests!
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

CroManGun wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:And add security cameras out front to get the license plates so you can call the police on all the people that walked out on the bill and charge them with theft. :lol:
I'm all for letting the serving staff club or tase any nonpaying guests!

Oooooh, dinner and a show! :twisted:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Armed robbery - theft while armed.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Voice

Post by Voice »

schmieg wrote:
Armed robbery - theft while armed.
No. The folks advocating the act of leaving without paying are the anti-gunners, not the armed folks.
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

It really is a good strategy

1. If the people would actually just get up and leave ( just waited 15 minutes for a table and another 20 minutes for the food to get here and I'm friggen hungry and the kids are grumpy) Most dont wanna deal with the hassle of leaving.

2. If they even notice in the first place (might notice while I am being seated or if I go to the restroom) but once I sit down I assure you no one would actually see it.

3. Even walking around the grocery store most people are too involved with themselves and their phone to notice a handgun out in the open. (And once again go somewhere else to fill another shopping cart...Johnny gets out of school in a half hour and dinner needs to be ready on time tonight)

4. Noone is going to get up and leave halfway through a haircut. ( I would actually love to see that happen)

I see this as a complete non issue.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I've personally seen some anti-folks get up and leave before at an informal open carry gathering at Hometown Buffet once. No laws were broken though as you must pay before you eat...
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

That'd be just fine by me. Then I wouldn't have to wait in line, I'd get better service, and I could dine in peace and quiet.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!