Colorado Restaurant Wants Customers, Employees To Carry Guns

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Colorado Restaurant Wants Customers, Employees To Carry

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I would save the liquor license for the gun store and shooting range I would build next door!!

8)
MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote: #1 - Sure. That's what insurance is for. I acknowledge that it might be a task to find a willing underwriter AND a reasonable premium.

#2 - Depends on the type of incident. Depends even more on how many people know about the incident and the details surrounding it.

#3 - I would PROACTIVELY and PREEMPTIVELY invite ALL known anti-gun activists to my grand opening, and offer them ALL 10% discount cards.

That's the thing about "public opinion"...it's not one specific thing. Where one person thinks a thing is a bad idea, another will think it's great.

Protests? The kind that I can call the news cameras in to cover? The kind that I can advertise that I will give 10% discounts to all customers during protests?

How could I WISH for better exposure?!
#1 is a lot harder than you think.

#2...As soon as the media finds out you recommend employees carry at your mom and pop restaurant they will do a story on it. Then in a few years when your incident occurs, they will remember that story and then you'll be fighting against MOMs continually protesting in front of your store.

#3...so you admit you'll inflate all your prices 10%? :wink: I love stores that give 20% off coupons on a regular basis, that to me just means they inflate their prices since I don't know many stores that would take the loss on a regular basis. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
#1 is a lot harder than you think.

#2...As soon as the media finds out you recommend employees carry at your mom and pop restaurant they will do a story on it. Then in a few years when your incident occurs, they will remember that story and then you'll be fighting against MOMs continually protesting in front of your store.

#3...so you admit you'll inflate all your prices 10%? :wink: I love stores that give 20% off coupons on a regular basis, that to me just means they inflate their prices since I don't know many stores that would take the loss on a regular basis. :lol:
#1 - No, it's not.

#2 - How many "incidents" have we had in Starbucks, Chipotle, Home Depot, Target, Staples...? An "incident" is NOT required for MDsA (Moms Demand some Action) or even our own OCAGV to stage protests.

What we DON'T have is an establishment that has had the intestinal fortitude to embrace firearm rights. I personally don't think that anti-gunner boycotts would be MORE detrimental than the positive response one would get from pro-gun and pro-(gun)choice customers.

#3 - I HATE loyalty cards. :P
MyWifeSaidYes