Findlay Open Carry Walk Today 4PM

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HancockCountyHAl

Findlay Open Carry Walk Today 4PM

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Anyone know more about this?
I can't find any reference to it on their website.

http://thecourier.com/local-news/2014/0 ... h-planned/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HancockCountyHaL
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Findlay Open Carry Walk Today 4PM

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Here is the event page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/285706511605384/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

So how'd it go?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestOhioCarry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our walk today was a great success. Our turnout was wonderful. The Findlay Police Department was happy with the outcome and said that they did not have any problems at all. We even got more passerby feedback than we ever had before. Thank you everybody for coming! -marc
MyWifeSaidYes
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I love happy endings,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know what's been posted. There were roughly 32 participants in the walk, carrying everything from muzzle loaders to high end ARs. About 1 in 10 passing vehicles honked in support as they passed the walkers. No anti-civil rights protesters we to be seen. The walk seems accomplished the stated goal of educating the community on Ohio open carry via the original Courier article and a short video posted today.

I only learned about this from the Courier article the same morning. I believe there would have been more in attendance if there had been more exposure to the event. A few, simple posters/flyers at local gun stores and ranges would have been in order, as well as, some notification on this forum. They really need a website too.
HancockCountyHaL
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I could have made this event with some prior notice and would've enjoyed it as well.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George