Wyatt Earp

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Fonejack54

Wyatt Earp

Post by Fonejack54 »

I was sitting in a McDonald's booth yesterday morning wondering what people were thinking about the open carrier. I've seen this guy a few times over the years and he's always open carrying. He was very closely seated next to this elderly couple, as was I. As he was leaving he stopped a distance away and talked with some friends and I heard the old gentleman tell his wife "He thinks he's Wyatt Earp." I kind of chuckled to myself and wondered what they would think if they knew they were STILL sitting next to someone that was armed.
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul
747tech

Re: Wyatt Earp

Post by 747tech »

Wyatt Earp was a good guy so I see nothing wrong. :D
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Nothing wrong being compared to Wyatt Earp. If memory serves, he was a competent LEO and he was a Republican.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

My memory does not reach that far back. :lol: From what I have heard he fit into that grey area between lawman and outlaw that existed at that time and place. I am ignorant of his politics.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Wyatt Earp's family fought for the Army of Lincoln. Most of his opponents, i.e. the criminals, had family who fought for and expressed southern sympathies. The South, prior to and after the Civil War, was lead by many prominent Democrat criminals, some of whom drifted west, upon their ignoble defeat.

Wyatt Earp may have been a number of things, including a pimp, but he was a Republican pimp.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

WestonDon wrote:My memory does not reach that far back. :lol: From what I have heard he fit into that grey area between lawman and outlaw that existed at that time and place. I am ignorant of his politics.
Sounds like some of our LEO recently! :shock: :wink:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Sig1144

Post by Sig1144 »

"You tell em I'm comin, and hell's comin with me!"
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Wyatt Earp was a gun control zealot,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Chuck wrote:Wyatt Earp was a gun control zealot,,,,
Except for him and his buddies.....the years go by, but political power still affect some in the same way. "The Only Ones"
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Sig1144 wrote:"You tell em I'm comin, and hell's comin with me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ndsXVaPwc
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Chuck wrote:Wyatt Earp was a gun control zealot,,,,
People selectively forget that..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

The shootout at the OK corral was over an attempt to enforce Tombstone ordinance No. 9.
Ordinance No. 9:

"To Provide against Carrying of Deadly Weapons" (effective April 19, 1881).

Section 1. It is hereby declared unlawful to carry in the hand or upon the person or otherwise any deadly weapon within the limits of said city of Tombstone, without first obtaining a permit in writing.

Section 2: This prohibition does not extend to persons immediately leaving or entering the city, who, with good faith, and within reasonable time are proceeding to deposit, or take from the place of deposit such deadly weapon.

Section 3: All fire-arms of every description, and bowie knives and dirks, are included within the prohibition of this ordinance.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Cruiser wrote:
WestonDon wrote:My memory does not reach that far back. :lol: From what I have heard he fit into that grey area between lawman and outlaw that existed at that time and place. I am ignorant of his politics.
Sounds like some of our LEO recently! :shock: :wink:
Good observation!!!
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Sig1144

Post by Sig1144 »

Is this a vote for appendix carry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Sig1144 wrote:Is this a vote for appendix carry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like cross draw to me? Famously used by John Wesley Hardin. He attributed that method to his fast draw speed.