Wyatt Earp

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sig1144

Re: Wyatt Earp

Post by Sig1144 »

Klingon00 wrote:
Sig1144 wrote:Is this a vote for appendix carry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like cross draw to me? Famously used by John Wesley Hardin. He attributed that method to his fast draw speed.
Ah ok. I read the other day of an instructor telling that appendix carry consistently scored faster times than hip carry. Cross draw appears to offer the same advantage.

I don't think I'd ever do appendix or cross draw though.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Sig1144 wrote:I don't think I'd ever do appendix or cross draw though.
Appendix carry (and cross-draw) is noticeably faster than behind the hip carry. You don't have to twist your shoulders so much, and your body is designed to pay more attention to things in front of you than things behind you.

Appendix carry also lends itself to weapon retention--you have a lot more leverage with the weapon in front of you. Concealment is a lot easier, too.

The concern, of course, with appendix carry, is that your gun is pointed right at a valuable and tender area. As always, safety concerns must be addressed with a good holster and proper training. We get the impression that the good Doctor Holiday was well-practiced.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Cross Draw from around 10:00 is my favorite for longer drives.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
BoxingRef

Post by BoxingRef »

Don't forget he was also a Professional Boxing Referee!!!