Medina OC "incident"

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Medina OC "incident"

Post by carmen fovozzo »

As many as a established known organization can muster.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

As many as a established known organization can muster.....

You do have one of those phones, don't you ? :)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Why a "known organization"?

If the group were "large enough", what does it matter with whom they are affiliated?

Twenty is better than two? Why?

Why would it matter if it were only a single person?

I have the time available...if I had enough money for a hotel room, I would come up there and walk around Medina myself for the rest of the week.

One guy.

With a shotgun.

Walking around Medina for several WEEKDAYS in a row.

Without ID.
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I have the time available...if I had enough money for a hotel room, I would come up there and walk around Medina myself for the rest of the week.

One guy.

With a shotgun.

Without ID.
I think you have begun to conflate the exercise of constitutional rights with annoying people for your personal amusement.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Why a "known organization"?

If the group were "large enough", what does it matter with whom they are affiliated?

I have the time available...if I had enough money for a hotel room, I would come up there and walk around Medina myself for the rest of the week.

One guy.

With a shotgun.

Without ID.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Why a "known organization"?

One guy.

With a shotgun.

Without ID.

Don't do it Dave...We need you here and not in jail.. :)

It's like a election....the more people that vote for you the better chance of getting elected, and for that to happen you have to be well known...
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Werz wrote: I think you have begun to conflate the exercise of constitutional rights with annoying people for your personal amusement.
There's a difference??

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

carmen fovozzo wrote: Don't do it Dave...We need you here and not in jail.. :)

It's like a election....the more people that vote for you the better chance of getting elected, and for that to happen you have to be well known...
Don't worry, Carmen.

When a fat guy says he's going for a walk, it's seldom further than the refrigerator.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Werz wrote: I think you have begun to conflate the exercise of constitutional rights with annoying people for your personal amusement.
There's a difference??

:P
For you, perhaps not. But then there are the consequences for the rest of us ...
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I continue to worry about spillage. It can happen.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Tweed Ring wrote:I continue to worry about spillage. <snip>
Yep. Heard ya on that yesterday. And Sunday. And Saturday. And probably Friday as well.

Make sure to update us tomorrow though.
Poop!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Thank you for the compliment and for noticing, and then reading, what I post. Your comment serves to enforce my belief in gun owners’ rights, in that we should advocate those positions with members in our OGA.

Changing or repealing an amendment to our Constitution is a very heavy lift. It’s doable, but it’s also expensive in terms of time and money. Here’s an example: the Equal Rights proposed amendment has languished in the 57 states since the early 1970’s. Very difficult, indeed.

Changing or repealing an amendment to our Ohio Constitution is a much easier lift. Much easier, indeed.

Having said the aforementioned, I do continue to worry about spillage. Not as much yesterday, but I worry a great deal today and about tomorrow. I have watched the Kabuki Theater in the OGA for decades. Stripping Ohioans of their inherent gun rights, as well as another rights, is a relatively easy lift when one side has the votes. One day, the Liberals will control the OGA again, the governor’s office again, and the Ohio Supreme Court. Then we shall have a very bumpy ride, a bumpy indeed.

With your encouragement and support, I shall continue to post my opinion on this and other matters. Thank your for having the courage to write your commentary in support of my position in this matter. Forest, trees, etc.

Again, thank you for your passion and your bravery.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Tweed Ring wrote:Thank you for the compliment and for noticing, and then reading, what I post. Your comment serves to enforce my belief in gun owners’ rights, in that we should advocate those positions with members in our OGA.

Changing or repealing an amendment to our Constitution is a very heavy lift. It’s doable, but it’s also expensive in terms of time and money. Here’s an example: the Equal Rights proposed amendment has languished in the 57 states since the early 1970’s. Very difficult, indeed.

Changing or repealing an amendment to our Ohio Constitution is a much easier lift. Much easier, indeed.

Having said the aforementioned, I do continue to worry about spillage. Not as much yesterday, but I worry a great deal today and about tomorrow. I have watched the Kabuki Theater in the OGA for decades. Stripping Ohioans of their inherent gun rights, as well as another rights, is a relatively easy lift when one side has the votes. One day, the Liberals will control the OGA again, the governor’s office again, and the Ohio Supreme Court. Then we shall have a very bumpy ride, a bumpy indeed.

With your encouragement and support, I shall continue to post my opinion on this and other matters. Thank your for having the courage to write your commentary in support of my position in this matter. Forest, trees, etc.

Again, thank you for your passion and your bravery.
You are welcome. It is not easy for most, to read and comprehend, yet I forge ahead undauntedly. I shall overcome! I think I can!
Poop!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Let Hope and Change fill your heart on a daily basis...
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Tweed Ring wrote:Let Hope and Change fill your heart on a daily basis...
It seems that this phrase is better suited to fill my commode, but to each his own... :oops: :P :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!