Cincinnati + SW Ohio Open Carry/Firearm Education Walk

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Re: Cincinnati + SW Ohio Open Carry/Firearm Education Walk

Post by BB62 »

On-duty University of Cincinnati police officer attacked in broad daylight: http://tinyurl.com/kmgd6zb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A longtime campus police officer is recovering after being attacked Sunday afternoon while trying to help a person who claimed to be a victim of an assault.

The incident happened at about 3:15 p.m. in front of a parking garage at W. McMillan and S. Market streets, not far from the University of Cincinnati campus in Clifton.

UC Officer David Freudiger was driving along W. McMillan when a person flagged him down, alleged they had been attacked and asked for help. When the officer got out of his vehicle, a second person approached and began punching him in the face, according to a lieutenant with the University of Cincinnati Police Department..."

Maybe more lawsuits or more campus carry bills that are introduced, but going nowhere, will help?
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

For those who do not like obfuscated URLs:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/col ... ton-campus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BB62 wrote:On-duty University of Cincinnati police officer attacked in broad daylight: http://tinyurl.com/kmgd6zb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A longtime campus police officer is recovering after being attacked Sunday afternoon while trying to help a person who claimed to be a victim of an assault.

The incident happened at about 3:15 p.m. in front of a parking garage at W. McMillan and S. Market streets, not far from the University of Cincinnati campus in Clifton.

UC Officer David Freudiger was driving along W. McMillan when a person flagged him down, alleged they had been attacked and asked for help. When the officer got out of his vehicle, a second person approached and began punching him in the face, according to a lieutenant with the University of Cincinnati Police Department..."

Maybe more lawsuits or more campus carry bills that are introduced, but going nowhere, will help?
If using this incident doesn't give our side some traction, it's hard to imagine that anything else outside in-person advocacy ever will. Well, maybe if a state representative or senator got attacked in similar fashion.

Every day that good legislation is delayed, is another day that us good guys are in more peril than necessary. I've been occasionally grabbing lunch up there on McMillan ever since we had our walk, if nothing else in support of the restaurants that welcomed us while open carrying. Sure I can be armed there, (and usually my choice is to conceal) but heaven forbid I'd have some notion to go look at something on the campus itself without disarming.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Brian D. wrote:
BB62 wrote:On-duty University of Cincinnati police officer attacked in broad daylight: http://tinyurl.com/kmgd6zb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If using this incident doesn't give our side some traction, it's hard to imagine that anything else outside in-person advocacy ever will. Well, maybe if a state representative or senator got attacked in similar fashion.

Every day that good legislation is delayed, is another day that us good guys are in more peril than necessary. I've been occasionally grabbing lunch up there on McMillan ever since we had our walk, if nothing else in support of the restaurants that welcomed us while open carrying. Sure I can be armed there, (and usually my choice is to conceal) but heaven forbid I'd have some notion to go look at something on the campus itself without disarming.
I share your frustration with the speed of legislation moving through the GA. Even the campus carry rules that are pending in the GA wouldn't help those of us on campus daily though as HB231 gives Universities the option, but doesn't require, them to opt in. We all know how they would decide that one.
What we need is Utah style law where Universities have no options, and can't take action against people who work and go to school. How we can accomplish that, I have no idea. It is clear that someone in the upper levels of the GA is unwilling to put forward true campus carry legislation.
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

Wolves prey on sheep! "When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away" - Clint Smith.
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."