Next OC event in SW Ohio?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fyrfytr310

Next OC event in SW Ohio?

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Subject says it all. Anything in the works? Anyone want to get something going?
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
glocksmith

Re: Next OC event in SW Ohio?

Post by glocksmith »

Not that I've heard of - but I'd possibly attend - if anything does pop up.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'd still like to see the (deliberately?) misworded signage related to firearms carry taken down from Cincinnati places like Fountain Square. While we're at it, try to convince the mayor and clowncil to repeal their city ordinances that are in conflict with ORC 9.68.

It's not that I live or work in Cincinnati but certainly spend time there, so their problems do potentially affect me. Also, maybe if Cincinnati did a big ol' repeal job and we made a media splash about it, other towns in the region might, in a "monkey see, monkey do" fashion, follow suit. I certainly have seen the nearby 'burbs follow Cincy's lead on some things municipal, whether the ideas were good or bad to begin with.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bridog45040

Post by bridog45040 »

I'd take a vacation day from work and show up for this. :D
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I've been in email contact with the new mayor of Cincinnati.

It's possible we could get some traction on repealing the invalid laws that are not enforced.

If that happens, the signs would start coming down.

My suggestion is to call, mail and email the mayor to let him know that YOU WANT Cincinnati to repeal all of the firearm laws that are invalid and are not enforced.

Let him know that it is NOT "a sign that the city is soft on gun crime", but simply a state law (R.C. 9.68) that the state is forcing the city to follow.

(There is a thread for this issue in the 9.68 Compliance forum)

Because of this change in administration, we SHOULD have several open carry walks and picnics, preferably as early as the weather will allow.
MyWifeSaidYes
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

I am in for a walk
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

I could take a stroll (schedule depending)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Landen Deerfield Park (Warren Co.) was mentioned in another thread as a good starting point for the season.

I think we should also focus on parks that are near the residences of the Cincinnati mayor, vice-mayor and city council members.

This would make it easier for those elected officials and their families to attend our events.

Here is a link to the lists of county voters. I assume that all of our legislators are registered voters and their addresses should be in these lists.

http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/voter/f?p=111:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The city council page, with member names, is here:

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/council/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can someone please take a look for city council member names in the voter lists?

Don't publish their addresses, but rather the public park(s) nearest to each member or mayor.

I would do this, but I have to try and work this week.
MyWifeSaidYes
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Can someone please take a look for city council member names in the voter lists?

Don't publish their addresses, but rather the public park(s) nearest to each member or mayor.

I would do this, but I have to try and work this week.
I'll put something together today NOW.

In order of greatest number of elected officials within relatively close proximity:

1. Mt. Airy
2. Washington Park
2. Ault Park
2. Daniel Drake
3. Mt. Storm
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

fyrfytr310 wrote:
In order of greatest number of elected officials within relatively close proximity:

1. Mt. Airy
2. Washington Park
2. Ault Park
2. Daniel Drake
3. Mt. Storm
I would have to say that our greatest chance for a big publicity "splash" would be at Washington Park in downtown/Over-the-Rhine. Either that or Fountain Square at ground zero of the city.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Brian D. wrote:
fyrfytr310 wrote:

1. Mt. Airy
2. Washington Park
2. Ault Park
2. Daniel Drake
3. Mt. Storm
I would have to say that our greatest chance for a big publicity "splash" would be at Washington Park in downtown/Over-the-Rhine. Either that or Fountain Square at ground zero of the city.
I agree with this assessment. The other parks won't be as visible to the general public.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

Tench Coxe
P.T.145 Pro

Post by P.T.145 Pro »

COUNT ME +About 5-7 friends and family in on anything in sw ohio
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Parks? Not so much, IMHO.

Clifton (where the University of Cincinnati is) or downtown!
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
sigger

Post by sigger »

BB62 wrote:Parks? Not so much, IMHO.
The best of both: Burnet Woods is right across the street from Univ. Cinci. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnet_Woods
We the people . . . do ordain and establish . . .
BB62

Post by BB62 »

sigger wrote:
BB62 wrote:Parks? Not so much, IMHO.
The best of both: Burnet Woods is right across the street from Univ. Cinci. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnet_Woods
Burnet is not so good for being noticed, but it's a dandy meetup point for a Clifton walk or two or three.

We could split up and go around both sides of the UC campus, and elsewhere...! :twisted: :twisted:

My fertile mind is working on an idea. Stay tuned.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor