Aren't you going to do something!

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bama.45

Re: Aren't you going to do something!

Post by Bama.45 »

Isn't it amazing how the fairer sex can be so tenacious when provoked? lol..I grew up with a lot of female cousins..They sent me home crying a few times :lol:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bama.45 wrote:Isn't it amazing how the fairer sex can be so tenacious when provoked? lol..I grew up with a lot of female cousins..They sent me home crying a few times :lol:
When I was a kid, the worst bully in the neighborhood was a girl we called Horse. She was big and mean.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
High Power

Post by High Power »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Did you happen to ask your friend what he wanted you to do?
I assume that he wanted me to break it up. I'm not bragging but I was still pretty tough at the time even though I was only 145 pounds at 5' 9". On the other hand, that waitress was pretty scary and I was a regular at the bar. The woman she was beating deserved a good licking and Hilda was the one to deliver it.

I didn't want to go to jail for fighting at the time. Besides, can you imagine how embarrassing it would be in jail if word got around that the skinny kid in cell block 9 was beat up by a waitress?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
High Power

Post by High Power »

Bama.45 wrote:Isn't it amazing how the fairer sex can be so tenacious when provoked? lol..I grew up with a lot of female cousins..They sent me home crying a few times :lol:
I had shoulder surgery a couple of years ago, followed by physical therapy.

One of the therapists had arms like cinder blocks, and muscles that not only rippled but made the girls faint when he walked by. He was so big that he’d fill up a doorway allowing only small cracks of light to shine through. Why he wasn’t playing pro-football was the question of the day.

When he worked on my shoulder; he had the softest touch and was a gentle as a baby bunny.

The cute little brunette, on the other hand, brought tears to my eyes. She made the most sadistic drill sergeant look like Pippy Longstocking. I nicked-named her The Drill Sergeant. She took that as a complement!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

High Power wrote:The cute little brunette, on the other hand, brought tears to my eyes. She made the most sadistic drill sergeant look like Pippy Longstocking. I nicked-named her The Drill Sergeant. She took that as a complement!
Yup, when I was going through my physical therapy, I had a Russian lady work on me. She should have worn a black hood. Each time she'd say, "This maybe hurt leetle bit"... :|
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
High Power

Post by High Power »

TunnelRat wrote:
High Power wrote:The cute little brunette, on the other hand, brought tears to my eyes. She made the most sadistic drill sergeant look like Pippy Longstocking. I nicked-named her The Drill Sergeant. She took that as a complement!
Yup, when I was going through my physical therapy, I had a Russian lady work on me. She should have worn a black hood. Each time she'd say, "This maybe hurt leetle bit"... :|
I spent five days in an Air Force hospital for my wisdom teeth. There were complications with the surgery. Plus I had to have another tooth pulled.

In those days, if you were ambulatory, you would have to get out of bed at 0730 every morning to make up the bed. Of course, you could always get back in the bed but you had to make it up.

My mother had five of us kids in Air Force hospitals. The day after giving birth, she had to make up the bed!

Anyway, Nurse Ratchet would come around every morning and smack our feet with a ruler to get us out of bed. She did that with me the day after I had five teeth pulled.

I responded by showing her the Hawaiian good luck symbol with both hands.

That’s not very smart for a heavily medicated E-3 to do to Major Hot Lips. (I wasn’t the shiniest round in the cartridge box in those days)

Afterwards, she took the most sadist pleasure in turning me down for pain medication whenever I asked for it.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Back in College, there was this couple who I would say the term "relationship" was rather loose, but they were often on again, off again.

She was small, thin and wiry. A hot temper and strong willed.
He was 6 foot, average build, a bit of a joker but mostly a selfish a-hole.

I once walked in on them fighting in a hallway just in time to witness her pick his 6 foot body up by the collar, drag him to the coat pegs and start raking his head back and forth across them *thumpa, thumpa, thumpa* rapidly before dropping him with a swift kick to the groin.

Turns out he had started it by surprising her with thrown AA batteries and dry erase markers at her while she was in her Lab. He deserved every bit and had it coming for some time.

Never judge a book by it's cover.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

schmieg wrote:
When I was a kid, the worst bully in the neighborhood was a girl we called Horse. She was big and mean.
When I was in grade school there was a girl we called "Baby Huey". I think you have to be close to my age to appreciate that name. I think she may have flunked a few grades, but she was as big as a high school student and pretty darn mean. I, of course, had sense enough to kiss up to her.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

dcludwig wrote:
schmieg wrote:
When I was in grade school there was a girl we called "Baby Huey". I think you have to be close to my age to appreciate that name. I think she may have flunked a few grades, but she was as big as a high school student and pretty darn mean. I, of course, had sense enough to kiss up to her.
I remember Baby Huey quite well. There was no way I was going to kiss or kiss up to the Horse. I still see her brother now and then.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I had the same thing...Her name was Geraldene....BUT I was smart and she never bothered me at all...she even stuck up for me a few times when I was about to get a butt whipping....

I wonder by asking her to the Prom if that made a difference ? :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

For the youngsters here:

MyWifeSaidYes
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:For the youngsters here:

wow, does that bring back memories. There was a cartoon show on TV, right?
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;