Open Carry ?'s

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

improse

Open Carry ?'s

Post by improse »

If I open carry: Gun can be loaded with one in chamber ? correct thx
medmandan

Re: Open Carry ?'s

Post by medmandan »

Sure, as long as you are not in a vehicle. I am sure some of the more ORC savvy will be along shortly to finish the interpretation..
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Open carry of a loaded firearm is legal in Ohio with or without a concealed handgun license (CHL). However, if you don't have a CHL, you must unload and properly store it before getting in a vehicle. If you do have a CHL, then no problem.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

JustaShooter wrote:Open carry of a loaded firearm is legal in Ohio with or without a concealed handgun license (CHL). However, if you don't have a CHL, you must unload and properly store it before getting in a vehicle. If you do have a CHL, then no problem.
In or ON a motor vehicle. Motorcycles, ya know.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:In or ON a motor vehicle. Motorcycles, ya know.
True, thanks for the clarification.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
improse

Post by improse »

Thx guys and I do know about putting it in it's proper spot after the fun.(lol)
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Without a CHL you may also not carry a firearm into any establishment with a class D license.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Before I started open carrying I studied up an all the firearm laws. I read 100's of post on OFCC and Opencarry.org. You do not want to be one of those people we see on youtube videos getting harassed by LEO and not knowing there rights and how to deal with a bad LEO encounter.

You don't want to unknowingly break any Ohio or Federal laws. This could be a very costly mistake.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.