LEO: "I support the 2A, but..." (Video of open carry stop)

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

95oRANGEcRUSH

Re: LEO: "I support the 2A, but..." (Video of open carry sto

Post by 95oRANGEcRUSH »

An unsupportable claim? An M4 is in the realm of possibility should there be RAS, person fails to provide state ID or Name/Address or Name/DOB. I explained the situation I wanted more details about. I offered what I could, O.R.C. and otherwise, based on slidelock's OP. Personally, I'd like to know the details of the lawsuit he mentioned, but, that doesn't negate the fact that I provided the O.R.C. for his review. I admitted to poor word choice on my part using stipulations in place of RAS. So what, get over it. The adults on this forum understand what I was conveying through the totality of my post. You're splitting hairs at this point and, frankly, derailing the thread to nobody's advantage but your own.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. – Edward R. Murrow
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you. – Benjamin Franklin
Gun registration is a gateway drug. – Mark Gilmore
BB62

Post by BB62 »

95oRANGEcRUSH wrote:An unsupportable claim? An M4 is in the realm of possibility should there be RAS, person fails to provide state ID or Name/Address or Name/DOB. I explained the situation I wanted more details about. I offered what I could, O.R.C. and otherwise, based on slidelock's OP. Personally, I'd like to know the details of the lawsuit he mentioned, but, that doesn't negate the fact that I provided the O.R.C. for his review. I admitted to poor word choice on my part using stipulations in place of RAS. So what, get over it. The adults on this forum understand what I was conveying through the totality of my post. You're splitting hairs at this point and, frankly, derailing the thread to nobody's advantage but your own.
Sure, sure. Whatever. :roll:
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
slidelock

Post by slidelock »

I did ask for the case no. etc. He indicated that material was likely buried somewhere in his files but he would try to find them and get me the case no. but he couldn't give me the actual files as they had unredacted info on them. I will remind him of his promise as I'd like to read them too.
dlgeorge

Post by dlgeorge »

It sounds like even some of us 2A supporters, (I use "us" loosely) have become somewhat like the frog in the pan of water. One little right at a time being slowly eroded. If it's legal, then I say Yes, do it! Sure it might cause a stink with the police, but that's how we get the word out that it is perfectly legal, and also the only way to expose the "low information" LEO's.

I've heard this argument from a lot of people: "Why make law enforcement's job harder, why not just cooperate with them and give them your ID, and other such topics. It's based on principal! If you let them get away with ignoring the law even once, they will continue to do so unchecked.

Regards,
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

slidelock wrote:I did ask for the case no. etc. He indicated that material was likely buried somewhere in his files but he would try to find them and get me the case no. but he couldn't give me the actual files as they had unredacted info on them. I will remind him of his promise as I'd like to read them too.
Just get the case # and do an open records request. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

The Ohio AG will provide, free of charge, either a written copy or a disk of Ohio's Public Records Law to anyone who makes the request.

One county in the Akron area paid green money based upon a failure to maintain records, and provide data upon request in an appropriate manner.

If some information is redacted, then ask for the docs with the redacted information, i.e. the whole package.