PNC bank - bad experience this morning

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OHIOSTEVE

Re: PNC bank - bad experience this morning

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

Ray wrote:
OHIOSTEVE wrote:I had a PNC teller once explain to me that carrying a gun into a bank in Ohio was illegal according to their head of security... I didn't even bother to argue....... Had a 5/3 teller once say the same thing.... I read her the riot act because she was condescending and rude.
The 5/3rd banks here are posted.... Can't carry here............

Ray
I know... I was there cashing a customers check drawn on 5/3... She asked me to open an account and I declined and told her it was because of their gun policy. She began rolling her eyes and huffing and instantly became condescending telling me it was illegal to carry in any bank.
Aodhfin

Re: PNC bank - bad experience this morning

Post by Aodhfin »

Ray wrote:
OHIOSTEVE wrote:I had a PNC teller once explain to me that carrying a gun into a bank in Ohio was illegal according to their head of security... I didn't even bother to argue....... Had a 5/3 teller once say the same thing.... I read her the riot act because she was condescending and rude.
The 5/3rd banks here are posted.... Can't carry here............
Except for the branch by me. I think they did something with the doors and the sign never got put up. I normally carry discreetly open (tucked WAAAY down inside my waistband), but I make sure to completely cover up when I go into this branch just to make sure that it's not noticed and the sign goes back up. If something happens I have the law on my side, but I'm not going to be the reason that it gets re-posted...
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!