"Thanks Idiots" re: Starbucks

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: "Thanks Idiots" re: Starbucks

Post by Werz »

Klingon00 wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:The Lone Ranger never needed a rifle.. :wink:
But Lucas McCain sure did. :wink:
He could have turned it into a handgun, like Josh Randall did.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

I've been saying the same thing all along... Who cares? It's just Starbucks.

They're a business, and as such, can make their own decisions that affect their company. I have yet to hear a legit argument as to why we (2A supporters) and the Anti's made Starbucks a battleground to begin with. Both sides forced them to make decisions, not just a few open carriers.

Also, Concealed carry by and large is a privelege (i.e., asking permission from states), while Open Carry is truly a "right" that many in the public are unaware still exists in many states... and as such, many supporters advocate for it's existence by exercising that right daily. I don't see people on this (or any other gun forum) forum chastizing people who exercise their freedom of speech, and I'm sure why the 2A supporters are turning on each other and throwing one side under the bus over COFFEE of all things.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

+1. Shotgun or rifle OC is too much, unless you're at a range or in the woods hunting. Handgun for OC, cool.
wkdravenna wrote:Having a shotgun in there is way to much.

My 870 is pretty, the wood even matches my wood furniture in my house. I show my friends. I'll consider showing a white tail deer in the future perhaps. I just think people at Starbucks don't need to see anymore then a pistol in a holster. I mean that guy in the picture has a shotgun in his hands, really ? That is why, that's to much, that is abusing the neutrality. The way Werz put it a couple times is absolutely right.

Open carry is supposed to show that there is nothing to be scared of seeing people with a firearm..

Carrying you're shotgun like that, scares me. I am not terrified or horrified or scared of guns, I am just saying that is so dumb and seeing' that above picture I understand why the CEO Starbucks is unhappy. A firearm with out a holster !?! Its not a good idea for a private establishment.

That said the guy pictured above may just be taking Joe Biden's advice. :roll:
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Super imposed..?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Our freedoms weren't stripped from us all at once, we shouldn't expect it to be easy to get them back all at once either. Baby steps, turn the temperature up slowly to avoid the frog jumping.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Glock513 wrote:+1. Shotgun or rifle OC is too much, unless you're at a range or in the woods hunting. Handgun for OC, cool.
wkdravenna wrote:Having a shotgun in there is way to much.

My 870 is pretty, the wood even matches my wood furniture in my house. I show my friends. I'll consider showing a white tail deer in the future perhaps. I just think people at Starbucks don't need to see anymore then a pistol in a holster. I mean that guy in the picture has a shotgun in his hands, really ? That is why, that's to much, that is abusing the neutrality. The way Werz put it a couple times is absolutely right.

Open carry is supposed to show that there is nothing to be scared of seeing people with a firearm..

Carrying you're shotgun like that, scares me. I am not terrified or horrified or scared of guns, I am just saying that is so dumb and seeing' that above picture I understand why the CEO Starbucks is unhappy. A firearm with out a holster !?! Its not a good idea for a private establishment.

That said the guy pictured above may just be taking Joe Biden's advice. :roll:
If I remember correctly that picture was from Bahrain or something like that. Not the U.S.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

http://m.wlwt.com/money/Sonic-Chili-s-L ... e/26255182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These idiots are like cancer, spreading and slowly killing gun rights for the sane gun owners.
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
mreising

Post by mreising »

I'm beginning to wonder if the Moms Demand something group isn't putting people up to this.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

mreising wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if the Moms Demand something group isn't putting people up to this.
I mentioned that in an earlier post [deleted--TR]. Really, think about it. If you are MOMS/Bloomberg, why not hire a few dozen homeless people who can pass the mustard to buy an AR or even a shotgun and have them parade around varies eateries such as Sonic and the like. Wearing skull and crossbones T-shirts and actually as antagonistic as possible. It would guarantee much press coverage and hand-wringing by the MSM.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Well for one thing if this farce came to be and we found out don't you think that the results would be the end to their movement ? Even dummies wouldn't take that chance..IMO
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Well for one thing if this farce came to be and we found out don't you think that the results would be the end to their movement ? Even dummies wouldn't take that chance..IMO
But who would "expose" them? MSNBC? ABC? CBS? I doubt it. Not that I believe this is what is happening, but it does give me pause.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Well for one thing if this farce came to be and we found out don't you think that the results would be the end to their movement ? Even dummies wouldn't take that chance..IMO
Never bet against determined dummies. I never thought Zero would get a second term.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

You guys have seen this, I hope,,,,

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
keeotee

Post by keeotee »

Three companies now... I wonder what company will be hit next? Yea, I used the word hit because it seems to me this method and approach of exercising a right is proving to be anything but wise if we are going to judge it upon the results achieved.

Well, practice gun safety and try not to shoot yourself in the foot, unless of course your going to do it metaphorically at some business.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Target is next on MDA's hit list.

More here...
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... lit=target" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;