Spreading my "OC" wings today.. (again)..

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Marsh

Spreading my "OC" wings today.. (again)..

Post by Marsh »

I live in West Toledo (sylvania/jackman area). Wherein i have oc'd in various establishments around my immediate area, I tried a few more places today. Adding to my list, with no negative effects i might add. The new harbor freight at miracle mile, family dollar on sylvania ave. close to lewis, and the antique shop called "the vault" which is where the old "tropics" bar and grille used to be. I got a couple of rather unusual stares in the family dollar, but no one said anything to me. I wasn't asked to leave any of the establishments so all in all i think it went well. To be quite honest, the family dollar i mentioned is frequented by some pretty shady characters, so even if i didn't oc, i would definitely be carrying. Well for that matter i carry wherever i go but as far as the "oc" thing, just a few so far. The asst. mgr. of the family dollar who rang up my purchase told me he actually wished he'd see more of open carry. They've been robbed countless times in the past i guess. There's a few restaurants, a pharmacy, and a couple of carryouts in the area i open carry as well. Well, just thought i'd share, i know i don't post much, i'm mostly a lurker, but i figured this and the past oc experiences were worthy of sharing.. See ya, Marsh.. :lol:
PT140 Millenium Pro .40 Cal., Gazelle IWB & OWB Leather Holster... Taurus .357 Magnum, Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster... Taurus "Judge" 3" Magnum., Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster...
wkdravenna

Re: Spreading my "OC" wings today.. (again)..

Post by wkdravenna »

I was just at that family dollar like 2 hours ago. :lol: I was concealing, sure enough panhandler on a bike in the parking lot. Grown man on a bike riding around asking for 35 cents. Really hrmm. Always shady stuff at that dollar store.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Yup and that's exactly why I usually go to the one down by stannard Dr. West of Douglas..
PT140 Millenium Pro .40 Cal., Gazelle IWB & OWB Leather Holster... Taurus .357 Magnum, Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster... Taurus "Judge" 3" Magnum., Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster...
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

This one is like 30 seconds drive from my house. So that is where I stop. But it is concerning.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

There is a harbor freight at miricle mile? When did this happen?
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

ArcherAce wrote:There is a harbor freight at miricle mile? When did this happen?
Its fairly new I think it just opened last week.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Marsh wrote:...I got a couple of rather unusual stares in the family dollar, but no one said anything to me...

...The asst. mgr. of the family dollar who rang up my purchase told me he actually wished he'd see more of open carry...
In my opinion, that one positive comment can overcome an unlimited number of unusual stares!
MyWifeSaidYes
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

wkdravenna wrote:
ArcherAce wrote:There is a harbor freight at miricle mile? When did this happen?
Its fairly new I think it just opened last week.
I've already stopped in a couple times. Glad to have one closer to me now (Bennett Rd area).
noname

Post by noname »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Marsh wrote:...I got a couple of rather unusual stares in the family dollar, but no one said anything to me...

...The asst. mgr. of the family dollar who rang up my purchase told me he actually wished he'd see more of open carry...
In my opinion, that one positive comment can overcome an unlimited number of unusual stares!
Nice! I was in a BP once in Stow, OCing. Elderly clerk clearly took notice of my firearm, nodded his head toward it and said "I can appreciate that". Thought that was cool myself.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

It took me a while of cc'ing before I tried oc'ing. But after doing it for a while, I'm amazed at how many looks I don't get. Honestly most people don't even notice it. Just acting yourself goes a log way I guess..