Just another day.

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rdf37

Just another day.

Post by rdf37 »

I was in Richmond Indiana yesterday at Best Buy. I was concealing but as me and my family were in line at the cell phones, I noticed a young man open carrying. I said nothing to him although I wanted to thank him. Then I wanted to lift my shirt up and open carry also but I didn't. Instead I just watched peoples reaction as he walked around. What was wonderfully awesome to me was that everyone I saw showed little to no reaction. It would be great if all days were as such, and people would just go about there day like it is just another day. I gotta say, that I felt a little safer knowing another gun was there besides mine in case the need arose. Cudos to him and his family and all that were in Best Buy yesterday.

rdf37
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Just another day.

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

It's always good to see another armed law-abiding citizen.

Makes you wonder how many armed law-abiding citizens you don't see.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

I mentioned somewhere in another thread that my wife thinks I'm the only one in Ohio that carries...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
noname

Post by noname »

gaptrick wrote:I mentioned somewhere in another thread that my wife thinks I'm the only one in Ohio that carries...

When I first began OCing, my wife hated it and thought no one else in the world did it. She would ask me to leave when she noticed. Sometime we would be out, and she herself would not even notice until hours later. So many people just don't pay attention.

I'm still waiting for the day I see someone I don't know OCing. I have always said if it happens to be at a restaurant I will but his meal and those he is with.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

I feel bad about you guys who's wives are funny about carry... makes me grateful all the more that my wife is as rabid about our rights as I am....
hutsona

Post by hutsona »

gaptrick wrote:I mentioned somewhere in another thread that my wife thinks I'm the only one in Ohio that carries...
definitely not true. I caught a guy OC in Beavercreek a few weeks ago. He seemed really nervous though. Covered before he got inside Walmart. Funniest thing was the lady on the cell phone who walked past him. Never batted an eye. (Picture elbows on the shopping cart, one hand with the phone to the ear. Weapon was pretty much level with her head.) Another lady did a "double-take". :roll:
...learning new things every day!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

BriKuz wrote:I feel bad about you guys who's wives are funny about carry... makes me grateful all the more that my wife is as rabid about our rights as I am....
Likewise - my wife is the one that encouraged me to get my CHL, and every time she hears about a 2A event like the open carry rallies in Massillon and Canton, her eyes get bright (I swear they sparkle!) and she starts asking me if I'm going and can she come! :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BB62

Post by BB62 »

JustaShooter wrote:Likewise - my wife is the one that encouraged me to get my CHL, and every time she hears about a 2A event like the open carry rallies in Massillon and Canton, her eyes get bright (I swear they sparkle!) and she starts asking me if I'm going and can she come!...
I wonder what she's compensating for... um.... er.... NEVERMIND! :wink:
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

hutsona wrote:
definitely not true. I caught a guy OC in Beavercreek a few weeks ago. He seemed really nervous though. Covered before he got inside Walmart. Funniest thing was the lady on the cell phone who walked past him. Never batted an eye. (Picture elbows on the shopping cart, one hand with the phone to the ear. Weapon was pretty much level with her head.) Another lady did a "double-take". :roll:
I OC at Beavercreek Walmart all the time. Was approached by a stock boy/cart gatherer who asked if I was a police officer and then said he didn't think I was allowed to carry in here. After a brief conversation he agreed to go ask a manager about it. I seen him again by the registers and he apologized and said his manager told him what policy is.

I occasionally cover before going in though. Wonder if it was me whom you seen. I have only met one other who open carries in the area.
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Gaptrick and JustaShooter,

Your wives are invited to the event in Oberlin tomorrow.

If you ask nicely, they may let you tag along!

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

As much as she might like to, she's recovering from surgery - and since I'll be working the OFCC table at the Medina Gun Show, once again I'm going to miss the festivities. :(
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Crap! I forgot about the show tomorrow! I'm sorry, guys... maybe The family and I will swing by... IF I can get my wife to go... she likes gun shows, but HATES disarming...
hutsona

Post by hutsona »

ohiophotog wrote:
hutsona wrote:
gaptrick wrote:I caught a guy OC in Beavercreek a few weeks ago. ...
I OC at Beavercreek Walmart all the time. Was approached by a stock boy/cart gatherer who asked if I was a police officer and then said he didn't think I was allowed to carry in here. After a brief conversation he agreed to go ask a manager about it. I seen him again by the registers and he apologized and said his manager told him what policy is.

I occasionally cover before going in though. Wonder if it was me whom you seen. I have only met one other who open carries in the area.
Could be. I'm in there all the time. If I see "that someone" again, I will say hello. BTW, are you a "lefty"? This person I saw was.
...learning new things every day!
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

hutsona wrote:
ohiophotog wrote:
gaptrick wrote:I caught a guy OC in Beavercreek a few weeks ago. ...

Could be. I'm in there all the time. If I see "that someone" again, I will say hello. BTW, are you a "lefty"? This person I saw was.
Nope I'm not a lefty and thank god for that, I have a hard enough time finding holsters. :lol:
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

JustaShooter wrote:
BriKuz wrote:I feel bad about you guys who's wives are funny about carry... makes me grateful all the more that my wife is as rabid about our rights as I am....
Likewise - my wife is the one that encouraged me to get my CHL, and every time she hears about a 2A event like the open carry rallies in Massillon and Canton, her eyes get bright (I swear they sparkle!) and she starts asking me if I'm going and can she come! :mrgreen:
I'd check any change in your life insurance policies! :P
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;