Just another day.

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dcludwig

Re: Just another day.

Post by dcludwig »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Gaptrick and JustaShooter,

Your wives are invited to the event in Oberlin tomorrow.

If you ask nicely, they may let you tag along!

:mrgreen:

MYSY, btw, I said the next table down from you at the PITP and meant to come shake your hand, but you had so many fans around you... Also, I left much earlier than expected as my allergy/sinus condition was playing extreme havoc with me that day. You seemed to have a very nice family and you all seemed to be enjoying yourself immensely.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

dcludwig wrote:MYSY, btw, I said the next table down from you at the PITP and meant to come shake your hand, but you had so many fans around you... Also, I left much earlier than expected as my allergy/sinus condition was playing extreme havoc with me that day. You seemed to have a very nice family and you all seemed to be enjoying yourself immensely.
I wondered where you went. I saw your name tag in the food line, but when I looked up again, you had disappeared. Then I saw you at the other side of the pavilion during lunch, but shortly after lunch, you were gone.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I hope you enjoyed the PITP. It was the first one I've been able to attend since I started frequenting the OFCC forums.

All those 'fans' around me? They were all just talking about cameras and photography with my wife (SheWhoSaidYes).

:)
MyWifeSaidYes
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I hope you enjoyed the PITP. It was the first one I've been able to attend since I started frequenting the OFCC forums.

All those 'fans' around me? They were all just talking about cameras and photography with my wife (SheWhoSaidYes).

:)
Just kinda joking, but there WAS a small gathering at your table. As I mentioned earlier, my sinus issues flared up big time right after the food was served and I soon realized I wasn't going to be much of a person to be around. I had meant to come over and introduce myself to you, as well as to a lot of other folks, and I sorely regret not being up to doing so. I'm actually sorta charming in my own special way in person. :-)

I think they ought to pre-print name tags with SCREEN NAME: XYSYS, underneath REAL NAME: FRED, etc. Heck, I'd be willing to do that much next year if given the list of attendees. Some people only had their first name and I just couldn't correlate those with the on-line personalities/nicknames.

BTW, saw ENT on Wednesday and he has me on an aggressive program to address this issues, so hopefully if I can make it next year in better health and for a longer time. I type a lot online sometimes with strong views, but I am pretty amiable in person. I still find it awkward with initial meetings in a large group format in which I personally know NO ONE. But I can get over that, if the my body co-operates. I think its a great event and hopefully we'll have the largest turnout ever next year.

Anyone know if they are planning to use the same facility?
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

The PITP has been at that park for several years. Odds are that it will be there again next year.

dcludwig, do you visit opencarry.org? A forum user there, eye95, is in the Fairborn area and is quite active with meet & greets and open carry walks.

Maybe you and I can meet up in a smaller group. We have gotten together at Fat Boyz Pizza in Troy several times. On Sundays, they will suspend alcohol sales so we can have open carriers attend without need of a CHL.
MyWifeSaidYes
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

A place right smack in the middle of the state with a name like "Liberty Park" is made for outings like the PITP
I'd bet money it'll be there next year

I am one of those guys who only put my first name on my name tag
Sorry about that,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Yeah, Chuck. It's people like you who cause all sorts of problems! :P
MyWifeSaidYes