MAIG is coming to Columbus, again, this Friday August 30,

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

MAIG is coming to Columbus, again, this Friday August 30,

Post by Chuck »

Mods, if you want to move this to the events forum, that's ok with me
I put it here because I will be open carrying

Here's a link:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/27/568563 ... -urge.html

They are trying to put the squeeze on Senator Portman to change his vote on the so-called universal background checks, by touting that old falsehood about 82% of gun owners favoring it.

It would be really nice if we had more people there than they do, like we had a couple weeks back at Dodge Park on Sullivant Ave.
It's a sidewalk rally outside Portman's office, which should mean no permit, and therefore we should be able to mingle with them.
The NRA knows about this and is sending me some signs and placards for the crowd
As usual, dress and act appropriately, we are going to be changing minds and influencing people.
We can expect the "newsies" to be there

From the article:
OHIO Columbus What: Ohio Gun Owners to Gather to Call on Senator Portman to Support Common-Sense Background Checks Where: 37 West Broad St, Columbus, OH When: Friday, August 30, 12:00 PM

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/27/568563 ... rylink=cpy
I will be there, OC'ing as usual,
Won't you join me?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: MAIG is coming to Columbus, again, this Friday August 30

Post by Chuck »

https://www.facebook.com/events/728710323813026/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Figures I would have class right smack dab in the middle of this. :evil:
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

They like to announce these things with little notice to avoid opposition,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

There is a parking garage around the corner on north Front Street (across from City Hall) if people need a place to park.

Provided nothing goes awry with work, I will plan to be downtown Friday for this one.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Stryker74 wrote:There is a parking garage around the corner on north Front Street (across from City Hall) if people need a place to park.

Provided nothing goes awry with work, I will plan to be downtown Friday for this one.
Great!
I'll have the stuff for the gun show in the van and we can go set up afterwards, if you want,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

rdf37

Post by rdf37 »

Just out of curiosity...where are they getting these statistics at. Seems false to me.

rdf37
LowTrunkOzz

Post by LowTrunkOzz »

Too little notice for the 3 hr drive on my birthday. I hate how they rig that! Otherwise, I would've loved to be there...

nate
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

rdf37 wrote:Just out of curiosity...where are they getting these statistics at. Seems false to me.

rdf37
I clicked on through the links to get to the data they are "quoting" - it is from a poll of 945 gun owners taken in May 2012.

Their data is short sentences and sparse - leading me to think the questions in the poll were the same. For instance, there is a statement in the data about 2A supporters think that we need to keep illegal guns out of the hands of criminals. I would agree with that - criminals should not have guns. However, I am realistic in knowing that we cannot keep criminals from having guns 100% of the time. So, am I willing to give up my right to guns to prevent the criminals from getting guns? No - because other nations have tried that game - it does NOT decrease crime overall.

MAIG and other anti groups are full of half-facts and emotional rhetoric to sway people into believing their way is best. People are emotional creatures - and the anti's prey on that to further their agenda. We counter with logic and showing that we are not all armed lunatics that are crazed with blood lust to start up the Wild West in the streets.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

A couple people on other media have expressed concern about the antis using us to augment their numbers since they are calling themselves "Gun owners for universal background checks" or something like that, so perhaps mingling isn't such a good idea.
I am expecting about forty signs from the NRA, as well as stickers, some hats, and other ways to identify ourselves, but I am thinking we ought to stay on the sidewalk across the street so the news media can get shots of the two differing sides

Any suggestions are welcome and invited,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Get 'em Chuck. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

pirateguy191 wrote:Get 'em Chuck. :wink:
I shall do my best

Can you take a day off and come help me?
Don't you feel a little sick?

You look kinda peaked to me,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

Chuck wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:Get 'em Chuck. :wink:
I shall do my best

Can you take a day off and come help me?
Don't you feel a little sick?

You look kinda peaked to me,,,,
Unfortunately that's just his face... :twisted:
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

The survey in question was produced by Frank Luntz, who is widely considered a fraud. It's funny how so many in the liberal media who so widely trumpet his so called results on this survey, previously called his information to be suspect at best.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/12/17 ... andy-hook/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's also a mystery how Luntz could survey NRA members since the NRA doesn't give member lists out to anyone. In other words, he lied.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Ill be there with a FAL ocing. Anybody else want to join? I can loan sling equipped long guns if nee de ed.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.