O.C.ing in Miamisburg Oh.

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BEAR!

O.C.ing in Miamisburg Oh.

Post by BEAR! »

Thursday night I decided I wanted a Coke Zero so I went to a carryout in a kind of seedy part of Miamisburg.

I C.C. 99.9% of the time but for whatever reason I didn't cover up when I went in. There were several (8-10) nefarious looking men in and out while I was there but no one said anything until I was getting in my truck when I hear "excuse me sir" I turn to see a young man in his late twenties approaching me. I say yes and he says "I don't know if its legal to open carry in Miamisburg" I replied sure it is its legal to open carry in any town in Ohio. He blinked and said "oh ok" turned and left.

I was kinda suprised that anyone said anything but I guess you guys that open carry all the time are used to this sort of encounter.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: O.C.ing in Miamisburg Oh.

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

That sounds like a very typical encounter with a standard amount of misunderstanding.

Excellent job in educating the public!

Keep up the good work!

And carry however you want.
MyWifeSaidYes
noname

Post by noname »

I OC all the time. Only have had a very few people ever say anything, maybe four times. Everyone of them have been outright positive and allowed me to educate the person asking.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
wkdravenna

Re: O.C.ing in Miamisburg FL.

Post by wkdravenna »

I don't think its OK to Open carry in Miami'sburg its in Florida. It's like a special-zone in Ohio but its really part of Florida I think. its a burg that belongs to Florida from what I understand and we know that's not allowed there. That guy may have been right. Its like an enclave owned by Miami.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I generally have kids ask me if I'm a police officer when I open carry. I tell them that I am not and they normally say ok and that's that.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
BEAR!

Re: O.C.ing in Miamisburg FL.

Post by BEAR! »

wkdravenna wrote:I don't think its OK to Open carry in Miami'sburg its in Florida. It's like a special-zone in Ohio but its really part of Florida I think. its a burg that belongs to Florida from what I understand and we know that's not allowed there. That guy may have been right. Its like an enclave owned by Miami.

Nah, I think its named for the Miami indians, but they're not the ones who built the burial mound here, that was the Adena indians. http://www.miamisburg.org/miamisburg_mound_park.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/