Any counter-protest to Bloomberg 8/13 in Columbus?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: Any counter-protest to Bloomberg 8/13 in Columbus?

Post by pirateguy191 »

Chuck and Jeff Slack doing us proud on the news.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/23127491/bot ... dodge-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

This is all the links for news coverage available of the event today
The fellow from Media Trackers doesn't have his story up yet, but it'll be more in-depth since he is not a part of the MSM
I'll be patient waiting for him

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/23127491/bot ... dodge-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... hecks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/ne ... 0&at_ord=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.610wtvn.com/articles/wtvn-lo ... -11569654/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://wosu.org/2012/news/2013/08/13/si ... -columbus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
noname

Post by noname »

Look at those crazy attention getting OCers.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
noname

Post by noname »

Chuck wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Would some knowledgeable person please elaborate on the death threats? There was noting about same on the news. Thank you.
This is a copy of my write up on face book on it:

This guy and his wife, with FOUR LITTLE KIDS in the car, stopped to talk on their way into the park.
The lady was yelling at Neil, one of my friends.
When I went over to see what she was saying, she was going on, very loudly, about how she had lost a kid.
Neal sadly told her he had too, but not from guns, when the guy began SCREAMING some of the filthiest words imaginable, and told Neil, "I don't think you should be able to own a gun!"
Neal responded that he enjoyed being free, and the guy should join us and be free too. This drew a loud and hearty "F* you!" and the guy drove off to park.
He came back with a camera, taking all our pictures, and when Carolyn said "How you doing today?" he said he wanted to run us all down with his car

His wife was a participant for the Bloomberg crowd, reading names,
They drove all the way up here from North Carolina for that

Hope they make it home safely,,,,

Wow. I would have told him he don't deserve to have kids talking like that around them. What an example he's setting for them.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

You seem to have the impression that it's possible to tell an anti ANYTHING,,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
noname

Post by noname »

Chuck wrote:You seem to have the impression that it's possible to tell an anti ANYTHING,,,,,

Good point. But anyone can change there minds and views. I have met people here on OFCC that used to be big anti gun people.

(JOSH)
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

"He came back with a camera, taking all our pictures, and when Carolyn said "How you doing today?" he said he wanted to run us all down with his car."

Yet again, threats levied by anti-gunners, who usually claim to be anti-violence and "inclusive of all opinions" as well. Yelling and screaming threats of how they want to kill you. They cannot see their own hypocrisy.