I need to spend more money at this store

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

I need to spend more money at this store

Post by Birdman »

I was heading to my sportmans's club meeting, just south of my home. I sometimes open carry to and from - one of the few times I actually do open carry.
I decided to buy some local corn from the rural convenience store. I knew that the owner was pro-gun, I just wasn't sure how much pro-gun. I left my XD-40 in the truck.
After I paid for my corn, I motioned the owner down to the end of the counter. She probably knows me by face. I showed her my empty holster, and asked if she allows open carry. She smiled and said "Absolutely...Absolutely! Glad to have you! Glad to have you! Especially since the robbery of the Jubilee (in Pierpont, OH Robbery) Most of us here have our CCW also."
I think I better buy all my gas here, even though it is a few more miles.

I conceal carry here all the time, but really did not want to be shown the door due to open carry.
Best corn ever :D
The place is called Bushnell Store, Rt 7 and Rt 84, just about 4 miles South of I-90.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
Bersa45

Re: I need to spend more money at this store

Post by Bersa45 »

Good to know. With this weather I am open carrying more. I love my shoulder rig. I pass by there maybe twice a month.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
ohiozx3

Post by ohiozx3 »

Birdman wrote:I was heading to my sportmans's club meeting, just south of my home. I sometimes open carry to and from - one of the few times I actually do open carry.
I decided to buy some local corn from the rural convenience store. I knew that the owner was pro-gun, I just wasn't sure how much pro-gun. I left my XD-40 in the truck.
After I paid for my corn, I motioned the owner down to the end of the counter. She probably knows me by face. I showed her my empty holster, and asked if she allows open carry. She smiled and said "Absolutely...Absolutely! Glad to have you! Glad to have you! Especially since the robbery of the Jubilee (in Pierpont, OH Robbery) Most of us here have our CCW also."
I think I better buy all my gas here, even though it is a few more miles.

I conceal carry here all the time, but really did not want to be shown the door due to open carry.
Best corn ever :D
The place is called Bushnell Store, Rt 7 and Rt 84, just about 4 miles South of I-90.

i know the store, not out that way much. but next time im in the area ill be sure to stop in, get some gas, get some snacks and some beverages
for the road.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Will they be having homemade pies of the pumpkin variety, I seem to recall when summer ends those appear... Still a ways off, but its never to soon to start thinking about things of the pumpkin variety.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK