Crossing into the open carry world.

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cloudwraith
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Crossing into the open carry world.

Post by Cloudwraith »

Sevens wrote:I don't know about that, but let's just agree now that the ferrets themselves cannot legally conceal handguns on their person... (or, rather, their, uhhhh, self...?) as Ohio doesn't currently issue CHL's to ferrets.

Florida may, however.
You would be surprised at what ferrets can conceal (legally or otherwise). I'm amazed at the things I find in their den. :)
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Ferrets in Florida should be allowed to carry guns. There is a lot of pythons in Florida. Even a few cobras from what I hear.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Well, even if the Florida license allows Ohio ferrets to carry concealed in Florida, I can tell you that it will not cover them in Pennsylvania.
Grrr, I should have gotten my $25 non-res from Centre County through the mail like everyone else did. Used to be that my Florida license covered me in PA, but they will no longer accept the Florida license from anyone who isn't also a Florida resident.

The bottom line here is that if your Ohio ferrets want to carry concealed in Pennsylvania on a Florida license, they better own some property down in the Gunshine State. :x
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

You could carry a ferret on each hip and use a double cowboy rig and say " I bet I can draw my ferret quicker than you can"
An armed society is a polite society---- Robert Heinlien
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Cloudwraith wrote:I mostly conceal while carrying. I have, however, mowed the lawn, walked the ferrets, rode my bicycle, etc... while open carrying.
In California, this could result in a MWAF (Man With A Ferret) call. :shock: Might even be more serious than a MWAG there.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

OC or CC it is what you are most comfortable with. I mainly CC but if I'm in a hurry or don't want to throw a cover shirt on then it's OC time for me. I live in a regular neighborhood but have some neighbors who think they are the cream of the crop. They have seen me OC at times and I just get that look from them of who does he think he is. I ignore them and just keep going about my business. I'm sure there are some who may have experienced that MWAG call but I don't think it happens as much as people like to think it does ( just my opinion). If it ever happens to me i'll be the first to post my expierence of how it went. Good luck on whatever way you decide to carry.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

:wink:

"Is that a ferret in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
MyWifeSaidYes
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I don't know about you guys, but there ain't no way I'm sticking a ferret down MY pants,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Chuck wrote:I don't know about you guys, but there ain't no way I'm sticking a ferret down MY pants again!,,,,
Fixed it for ya. :P
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Cloudwraith
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cloudwraith »

Sevens wrote:
Chuck wrote:I don't know about you guys, but there ain't no way I'm sticking a ferret down MY pants again!,,,,
LOL, I'm both happy and sad that I derailed this thread so completely....well...Sevens did most of it.... :)
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Not what I expected to read with two pages of replies. Pleasantly surprised! :)
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Sevens wrote:
If I wrote what I said out loud they would have had to call a meeting of the disciplinary committee,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Just don't take you're Ferrets to NYC or DC their illegal there....

Hey just like firearms whats the chances.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

You can take them to NYC or DC if they meet the magazine load limit
An armed society is a polite society---- Robert Heinlien
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I can't have a firearm in NYC its Illegal for me to do so. Regardless of round count.

I can't have a ferret either, also illegal.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK