Open Carry walk in Massillon this Saturday

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: Open Carry walk in Massillon this Saturday

Post by pirateguy191 »

Tweed Ring wrote:Small town. Has anyone alerted the news media, some of wehom do not work the weekends?
They know about it.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Tweed Ring wrote:Small town. Has anyone alerted the news media, some of wehom do not work the weekends?
Good question, I do not know. It was on the front page of the Massillon Independent, so any of the media who read small-town newspapers for fun and/or profit might be aware. As I do not know a particularly effective way to contact the organizer, or for that matter the media, I can't really offer anything beyond that... :?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Well, if you get arrested, your arraignment in Massillon Municipal Court will be on MCTV Channel 22. :(
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JustaShooter wrote:...As I do not know a particularly effective way to contact the organizer...
You can PM the user NEOOpenCarry on OCDO.

You can visit their website at use the "Contact Us" link. http://www.neoopencarry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And you can always send a message via Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northeas ... 8475060902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Those NEO guys are good guys
I wish them well
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Unfortunately the rain this morning delayed the other event I was participating in so by the time I got to Massillon I couldn't find anyone. :(

Oh well, maybe next time (or rather, the time after next as I'll be out of town for the 8/17 Canton event). I hope they had a good walk and managed to educate some folks.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
A_F

Post by A_F »

Love that picture, especially the pregnant girl holding the kid, with a firearm on her hip.

Wish we had open carry walks around here, but we don't need them.