Nut Jobs, all of you!

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Re: Nut Jobs, all of you!

Post by BB62 »

xracer wrote:The ones who go around looking for confrontation are the reason I've been on the fence about this.
That's a convenient excuse for all parties - LEOs and potential OCers.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

BB62 wrote:
xracer wrote:The ones who go around looking for confrontation are the reason I've been on the fence about this.
It is, however, an unfortunate fact of life. Consistently confrontational open carriers were the primary reason this forum is visible to members only. :|
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

TunnelRat wrote:
BB62 wrote:
It is, however, an unfortunate fact of life. Consistently confrontational open carriers were the primary reason this forum is visible to members only. :|
That may be the publicly offered opinion, but... let's not go there.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
xenos

Post by xenos »

There are many out there that would say that we are all nutjobs for even owning a firearm at all.
Let every single step taken in this most intricate affair, be upon the defensive. God Forbid that we should give your enemies the opportunity to saying justly that we have brought a civil war upon ourselves, by the smallest offensive action. ~ William Emerson
xracer

Post by xracer »

xenos wrote:There are many out there that would say that we are all nutjobs for even owning a firearm at all.
That is certainly true, I know a few...
I don't object at all to people open carrying, I object to people who make us look like...well, like nut jobs.
Keep your eyes on the road and the rubber side down.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

8) I've been trying all my life to get to where I could go live on top of a remote mountain and not have to put up with all of the nutjobs but my wife says that I have to play nice and act like an adult. I still want that mountaintop. :roll:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)