helping the kids

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohio boy

helping the kids

Post by ohio boy »

When it starts to get warm I switch over to open carry most of the time. I am a bit over 60 years old, and we will leave it at that. In the last three weeks I have been stopped five times about open carry. All five were young people, under 25 years old. Three were university students at BGSU. Being a university town we see new students every year. I would think that I was stopped about 25 times last year. I do not see any other people open carry but there must be others in town. I get stopped often enough and asked about open carry and concealed carry that I have started to carry business cards for concealed carry training in the area. I am pleased to see so many young people interested. Good for our future.

ohio boy
ArmedAviator

Re: helping the kids

Post by ArmedAviator »

I rarely open carry but I do try to take as many people as I can shooting with me and my friends from BGSU. I definitely converted a few from "guns aren't for me" to "time to save up for a pistol and rifle."

Whereabouts town do you frequent?

There are a few others around here. We should have a meet and greet.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
ohio boy

Post by ohio boy »

North to south. Kroger, Circle K, most all of the pizza shops, Wally World, the auto stores. I have not been ask to leave any where. Big Boy and the cigar shop. I would like to meet some of the other guys. Just let me know when and where.

ohio boy
lfrost2125

Post by lfrost2125 »

about the only time I'm in BG (town) a lot anymore is for Fair week. I go to friend's a lot in BG but rarely leave their property.
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.
galla35

Post by galla35 »

I second the little meet and greet.. I live here in town and have had quite a few odd looks when I OC..

They don't expect a young kid to be open carrying.. I actually just got back home from open carrying at the black swamp hippie show walking my old lady up town so she could meet up with friends.
ohio boy

Post by ohio boy »

Ok all of you BG townies. We need to decide when and where.

ohio boy
galla35

Post by galla35 »

ohio boy wrote:Ok all of you BG townies. We need to decide when and where.

ohio boy

Woah woah woah!! I'm no townie!! Lol

I'd pm you but can't.. I don't post much