kind of open carried?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohiozx3

kind of open carried?

Post by ohiozx3 »

i was out running around looking for some ammo and decided to carry my sr1911 in the new holster that just arrived, it was super comfortable, i love this holster. i made the mistake of wearing a tshirt thats a little short and it kept getting caught on the handle. i went to a small resturant my mother works at on saturdays to get some lunch. i was sitting there enjoying my BLT when i realized that my shirt rode up and didnt bother to pull it back down. there was a couple ladies who were eating there and i heard one of them whisper, "hey look, he has a gun", at this point im thinking to myself... great... here we go. when i heard next was a shocker, the older of the 2 ladies says " SO WHAT?" i just sat there, grinned, and turn around a bit and nodded at her. i need to get some longer T's.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: kind of open carried?

Post by Chuck »

Yeah, so you can tuck them in,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

What would have been cooler was if the lady followed up her "so what" with "mines in my purse".
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Chuck wrote:Yeah, so you can tuck them in,,,,
Yup, plumber's butt open carry is not what we're after... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
MR D

Post by MR D »

Try Duluth Trading for long T's :lol:
"I'd rather be tried by a jury of my peers, than carried by six of my friends..."
farblue

Post by farblue »

TunnelRat wrote:
Chuck wrote:Yeah, so you can tuck them in,,,,
Yup, plumber's butt open carry is not what we're after... 8)
Crack carry; appendix carry's blue collar brother.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein
JmE

Post by JmE »

ohiozx3 wrote:there was a couple ladies who were eating there and i heard one of them whisper, "hey look, he has a gun", at this point im thinking to myself... great... here we go. when i heard next was a shocker, the older of the 2 ladies says " SO WHAT?"
Oh yeah! That is what's desired... OC = non-issue. :mrgreen: Someday it will again be so ordinary; commonplace. 8)
Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! - Gen.Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it. - Gen. Robert E. Lee
If we must die, we die defending our rights. - Chief Sitting Bull

Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? - Plato
Nocturnx

Post by Nocturnx »

ohiozx3 wrote:i was out running around looking for some ammo and decided to carry my sr1911 in the new holster that just arrived, it was super comfortable, i love this holster.
What holster did you get?
179th APS
OEF Veteran
ohiozx3

Post by ohiozx3 »

bianchi supression

http://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Allusion- ... ession+135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

ohiozx3 wrote: "hey look, he has a gun", at this point im thinking to myself... great... here we go. when i heard next was a shocker, the older of the 2 ladies says " SO WHAT?" i just sat there, grinned, and turn around a bit and nodded at her. i need to get some longer T's.
Do you feel like you lost your tactical advantage with the younger woman?
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.