OC Problems

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickb06

OC Problems

Post by rickb06 »

I myself have never had an issue open carrying. I've heard all sorts of stories, mostly good and some bad. I've watched several Youtube videos showing people exercising their rights, some are just recording because they feek wronged others are just being little jackasses. I'm just wondering what if anything for some has gone wrong? I've been ocing for quite some time and never been stopped once. I thought the first time I went out after some of the shootings throughout the country it might get a bit rough but not at all, people seemed to be even more receptive toward the idea. I've gotten 4 local businesses to become gun friendly after having those ignorant signs on their doors by just explaining that the sign does nothing more than give people a false sense of security and possible lose some good law abiding customers. I'm just curious because I live in a 50K+ population city, suburb of Akron and nothing at all. Hope to see others stories.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: OC Problems

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

What is a typical open carry day for you?

Most of my time is spent inside or in a car. I spend less than an hour each at places like restaurants or retail stores and only a few minutes at gas stations or convenience stores. These visits are not daily, but they do happen several times a week.

If you really think about how much time your gun is exposed to public view AWAY from home, you'll find its not that much.

Keep carrying and hope you DON'T run into anyone who freaks out about your gun. That's your ultimate goal...normalizing open carry.
MyWifeSaidYes
rickb06

Post by rickb06 »

Generally speaking in the summer time at least it is me out with the family, walking around the block, going to stores of all sort, pretty much a standard day of most fathers I'd imagine.
NEO Carry

Post by NEO Carry »

I open carry as much as I can, anywhere I can, and I have not run in to any problems. Kent and Akron are the two main cities I walk in.