OC'ed with some reaction

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

OC'ed with some reaction

Post by Stryker74 »

So, I spent the day at my sister's place in southern Ohio yesterday (Lucasville bottoms for those who know the area). We were having a cookout, and the neighbors came over with cornhole boards.

I was paired with my wife against my mom and one of the neighbors. I threw the first round, and my cover shirt kept blowing in the wind and affecting my throw. Being at my my families house, I decided to remove my cover shirt - just wearing a T-shirt.

I heard one of the neighbor guys say "Check him out - he is ready for anything. Even got two extra mags ready to go!"

My wife (At the other end of the field) heard the lady she was throwing with exclaim "Oh my... he has a gun on!" My wife replied, "Yeah, since he got got dressed about 8 this morning!"

Nothing eventful, and I didn't think twice. My family all knew I was CC anyway - I always am. Though I covered after throwing that match - it was chilly out!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bearkitty

Re: OC'ed with some reaction

Post by bearkitty »

Baby steps! Sounds pretty uneventful to me too.

I find there's a fine line between family and close friends knowing I CC regularly, and putting it out there to the world at large that I CC.

OTOH, I'll OC too, but I don't KNOW those folks at all. Somehow makes it easier?
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Uneventful OC is how we win hearts and minds, not arguments with LEO on the side of the road.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Klingon00 wrote:Uneventful OC is how we win hearts and minds, not arguments with LEO on the side of the road.

+ 1 on that.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Welcome to my side of gun advocacy, where type of carry doesn't matter nearly as much as personal comfort,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)