JUST POSTED BY A GUN SHOP OWNER ON FACEBOOK

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mal R

Re: JUST POSTED BY A GUN SHOP OWNER ON FACEBOOK

Post by Mal R »

Chuck wrote:And apparently I didn't either
Must have just been a face book glitch,,,,
I'm betting he has his page set up so he has to "approve" posts for them to appear.
"Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Mal R wrote:
Chuck wrote:And apparently I didn't either
Must have just been a face book glitch,,,,
I'm betting he has his page set up so he has to "approve" posts for them to appear.
He might be doing that, but for a day or so there I couldn't even search him out,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Werz wrote:...I know that your goal is to make people believe that open carry of a firearm can never, ever, ever, EVER be the basis for a disorderly conduct charge unless you commit some other defined crime, no matter how outrageus the circumstances...
Oh, so now you're inside my head? ROFL!

Werz wrote:...And your unwillingness to respond to my suggestion that you act out the scenario I described demonstrates that you, too, have doubts.
No, LOL, it means nothing of the sort, and I noticed you didn't respond to my on-point queries either.

I think I've made my points, as I'm sure you feel you have, and I intend to put this subject out to pasture. It's no news to any open carrier that some prosecutors will use any tool at their disposal to enforce their biases, rather than the law - it's all about control.

Good day.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Sig Sauer

Post by Sig Sauer »

I carry both ways , concealed and open and found it to be a great way to start a conversation. I have been walking at night in our neighborhood and been visiting with neighbors and suddenly they notice I have a firearm on my hip. This is a perfect opportunity to explain why I carry and why they might look into owning a firearm. Be humble and polite and let them start the conversation!