Lawsuit filed for illegal stop of Ohio open carrier

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Lawsuit filed for illegal stop of Ohio open carrier

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Sure no problem......nurses and doctors who make mistakes administering Meds are always reported...or the MD who left a tool in someone by mistake and found out later and no one mentions it..until the patient complains.If you stick up for one such person your job will never be in jeopardy, will it ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Sure no problem......nurses and doctors who make mistakes administering Meds are always reported...or the MD who left a tool in someone by mistake and found out later and no one mentions it..until the patient complains.If you stick up for one such person your job will never be in jeopardy, will it ?
If I "stick up" (as in lie, cover,etc) for someone that I know has made a serious medical error, you bet your behind that my job will be in jeopardy, so will my license, which means my career, not just current employer, would be in jeopardy.

That should happen when LEO do the same.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

I find it slightly amusing that the two biggest professions at covering for their own, not snitching, living by their own rules and not society's, and worrying about going home at the end of their shift no matter the cost to a possibly innocent person are LEOs and hood-rat thugs.

Also, I am NOT paying LEOs to kill an innocent person to make sure they go home at the end of their shift. I am paying them to put their lives on the line and protect society, just as y'all paid ME to put MY life on the line when I served in the military. I NEVER used my Master-at-Arms credentials to get out of any of three speeding tickets, and I never used an more than the bare minimum of force required to detain an unruly sailor while on Shore Patrol. Those who DID use excessive force were reported, generally by more than just me!

PS: I DID let a female friend claim to have "female problems" in a pair of white Wranglers... THAT officer let us go and tolf me there were no more officers between where we were and the exit to her apartment... She lied! (I didn't know)
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

carmen fovozzo wrote:No they don't....in most cases...How about Doctors in a operating situation ? He or she screws up in the OR and how many of his assistants cover it up ? If you don't your black balled...It happens everywhere.....Don't single out LE....Don't you stick up for your co-workers now and then ?

Have you ever been spit on and not retaliate ? I haven't.............I retaliated when spit on....
What's up with all the spitting??? I have women drooling over me all the time. I retaliate by letting them have their way with me. :mrgreen:
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

CroManGun wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:No they don't....in most cases...How about Doctors in a operating situation ? He or she screws up in the OR and how many of his assistants cover it up ? If you don't your black balled...It happens everywhere.....Don't single out LE....Don't you stick up for your co-workers now and then ?

Have you ever been spit on and not retaliate ? I haven't.............I retaliated when spit on....
What's up with all the spitting??? I have women drooling over me all the time. I retaliate by letting them have their way with me. :mrgreen:
:lol: :D
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

CroManGun wrote:

Drunk ladies don't count..
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

CroManGun wrote:

Spitting can be attempted murder if the spitter is infected with HIV.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

CroManGun views women spitting on him as a act of passion and courtship... :P
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

carmen fovozzo wrote:CroManGun views women spitting on him as a act of passion and courtship... :P
They get spitting mad if I don't let them have their way with me. I give in for humanitarian reasons and to prevent them from seeking out other weaker males less able to satisfy their...uhh...rigid demands.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

schmieg wrote:
CroManGun wrote:

Well it is guaranteed to be felonious assault in Ohio. State v. Price, 2005, decided that one. So can deadly force be used against a spitter? :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
schmieg wrote:
CroManGun wrote:Have you ever been spit on and not retaliate ? I haven't.............I retaliated when spit on....
Well it is guaranteed to be felonious assault in Ohio. State v. Price, 2005, decided that one. So can deadly force be used against a spitter? :lol:[/quote]
If you have reasonable grounds to believe that the spitter is infected.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I have to say if someone spat on me.. I'd probably have their teeth slid from their mouth before I even realized it... Spitting on someone is the rudest, and one of the vilest things I can think of.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Bama.45 wrote:I have to say if someone spat on me.. I'd probably have their teeth slid from their mouth before I even realized it... Spitting on someone is the rudest, and one of the vilest things I can think of.
ONE of.

:twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

schmieg wrote:Spitting can be attempted murder if the spitter is infected with HIV.
Extraordinarily difficult to prove. One way I keep my license is by not bringing poorly supported charges just because an angry person wants me to retaliate on his/her behalf.

However, there is a specific felony charge for that act. R.C. 2921.38(C).
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

schmieg wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
schmieg wrote:Spitting can be attempted murder if the spitter is infected with HIV.
Well it is guaranteed to be felonious assault in Ohio. State v. Price, 2005, decided that one. So can deadly force be used against a spitter? :lol:
If you have reasonable grounds to believe that the spitter is infected.
Knowledge of infection is usually not the issue. Knowing causation or attempted causation of serious physical harm is the primary issue. Unless the spitter verbally expresses that intent, it is difficult to prove, particularly when most spitters are acting in an irrational fit of rage. And a competent defense attorney would get an expert to testify that the likelihood of HIV transmission through saliva is actually rather slim.

Yeah, I realize that it's fun to (pardon the pun) spitball the possible outcomes of such incidents, but I'm the one who actually has to prove this stuff. There's a lot more to it than inducing a knee-jerk reaction to a repulsive act.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.